A find in the snow - Part 2 - Logan x Reader

"I said............GO AWAY!" She growled loudly. The man staring in disbelief as the mirrors behind the bar began to crack.

"You............ya one of them, aren't ya....................?" The drunk continued with an angry gasp. His heart pounding violently, as she turned to look at him. The man catching a glimpse of the strange eyes that lay beneath the hood.

"You better believe it......................" She replied before getting to her feet. The bottles of liquor exploding into balls of fire, sending flaming shards throughout the bar. The other patrons quickly fleeing the place, as the structure around them began to also burn. The woman taking this as her cue to leave. Her eyes catching a glimpse of a large man, that unlike the others was just slowly getting up from his seat in an old booth and watching her, before she bust her way through one of the burning walls and made her way back out into the freezing night.

                                                          >>---------------------------------<<

Logan slowly got up from his seat, as the entire place around him began to burn. The woman, who was the cause of it all, looking over at him for a moment, before turning and crashing her way through one of the already flaming walls. The large feral making his way outside just in time to see her disappear into the dark, snow-covered tree line. The feral shaking his head, as he made his way over to his little campervan. Butting out his stogie before climbing in behind the steering wheel and starting the beat-up old vehicle. Slowly making his way towards the trees. The fire behind him the only thing to give him any light, other than the tiny, barely visible headlights.

He wasn't sure what he was going to do. Wasn't sure how he was going to find her. But he had the strangest feeling that he had to locate her and take her back to the school with him. As if Charles already knew about her and was in his head. Logan not surprised if the professor was. And if he was, if the old guy could come up with a way of finding her and then helping him to persuade her to join him, he would appreciate it. But as he got nothing, Logan just had to presume that he was on his own with that one.

Eventually, his old van pulled up to the line of trees. A line beyond which lay a vast forest. Its canopy filled with freshly fallen snow, that appeared to sparkle like a blanket of diamonds in the dim headlamps of the vehicle. Logan grabbing for his jacket and pulling it around his shoulders, before opening the door and allowing his feet to fall into the deep snow. Snow that came up to his knees.

With a huff, Logan slammed the door to the campervan, and began trudging through the drifts. Reaching for his torch, as he slowly moved further into the darkness. He knew that this was ridiculous. He didn't even know what or who he was looking for. All he knew was that it was a female and could make a real mess of a perfectly good bar.

Perhaps he was getting soft in his old age. In the past, he would just have left others to their own business. I mean, god only knew that he had had enough problems of his own and really didn't need to take on anyone else's issues. Yet here he was, knee deep in freezing snow, in the middle of nowhere.

All of a sudden, he stopped. The big feral retrieving his cigar from his pocket and lighting on it. Puffing on it a few times to make sure that it was lit properly, before he looked around the scene. If he wasn't stood here, freezing his butt off, he would say that it was beautiful. Logan shaking his head at his own thoughts. The feral realising that he really was getting soft.

                                                        >>------------------------------------<<

She raced for the trees. She had been taking refuge in the dense forest for the last couple of days, so she knew where she was going. She knew where her little camp was, so she would head back there and just hope that no one from the bar came looking for her. The images of angry villagers carrying pitchforks and blazing torches coming to get the monster, filling her thoughts as she leapt up into the nearest tree and made her way through the branches. Stopping for a moment to look back at the blaze that she had left.

She hadn't meant to do that. She had just wanted to warm up a little and then she would have gone. But no, there had to be some ass that wanted to spoil that. Some guy that thought he was Don Juan and believed he would try his hand. And now look.........one burning bar, and she was on the run again. The woman knowing that as soon as any kind authorities made their way to see what had happened, they would be informed that it was one of them that did it. One of those mutants.

Turning to move further into the woods, she stopped as she heard the sound of a vehicle making its way through the deep snow. It was a comical looking contraption really. Old, yellow and dinged here and there. Something that had certainly having seen better days. But no matter its ridiculous appearance, it could only mean one thing, and that was that someone was already coming to look for her.

With an increased urgency, she sprung from tree branch to tree branch. Doing her best to not disturb too much snow, so that she didn't give herself away. Hoping that the person in the vehicle didn't feel the need to follow her any further into the woods. Yet as her ears picked up the sound of crunching snow, she knew that she wasn't that lucky. The mutant deciding that if this person thought that they could follow her. If they thought they could bring her back for some kind of justice, they could think again. Knowing that if one thing would scare them away, it was her appearance. The woman turning back. Crouching down on a large branch and watching as the strange, large man that she had seen in the bar, stood in the middle of the trees. Lighting a cigar before looking around.