The Quick and the Damned - Part 1 - Tony x Steve x Bucky x Reader

So, for this imagine, I am taking our lovely Avengers back to the American West, turning them into infamous gunslingers and outlaws. I have always had an interest in that period in American history, and love the old stories of, among others, Billy the Kid, Jessie James and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, and thought that I would make my very own outlaws that could rival the greats. I have used as influence the movie "The Quick and the Dead" as I really like the film, but as always I put my own twist on the story.😄 I know I'm making Tony the big bad guy, and I don't really like doing that because I love him so much, but he just seems like the perfect choice for this imagine, so I hope that you will just go with the flow. 😁 Please enjoy.

There were many bad and lawless places in the west. Deadwood and Tombstone probably topping most people's lists. But there was one place. One town worse that either Deadwood or Tombstone could ever hope to be, and that was Cruelty Peak. It was a town built by the money of one rich family, on the back of the poor who were trying to make themselves a new life in a new country. Even from its inception it had been a dangerous place; the cemetery, that was on a hill high above the town, receiving more than its fair share of new occupants every day. Many of whom had died by the disease of the west, poisoned by lead from the bullets that riddled their bodies.

One man alone was now in charge of the town. One man that was not only its mayor, but also its judge, jury and executioner. A man that knew what he wanted and how to get it. A man by the name of Judge Anthony Stark.

                                                              >>-------------------------------<<

The judge sat in his rocky chair on the porch of his large home, puffing on the cigar in his mouth. Watching with a smug smirk, as the residents of his town made their way about their everyday business. None of them daring to look in his direction just in case they angered him. All of them aware how quick he was with the pistols that were strapped to his sides. This was his world, and his world was ruled with an iron fist and a group of men that were loyal to him and were more than handy with a rifle if anyone dared question his vice like grip on the town.

But there had been two men that had dared question the judge's authority. Two man that had briefly been able to raise the masses from under the heel of Stark's boot, and their names were Barnes and Rogers.

Barnes and Rogers, before they had gone off to war, had been simple farm hands on a ranch not far from Cruelty Peak; the pair only usually making their way into the town when fresh supplies were needed. Rogers had been one of those men that seemed to disappear into the background. A young man that had been small and plagued by multiple maladies during his youth. A young man that few would probably have paid much attention. But unfortunately for him, he had become the butt of many a joke and abuse from Stark's men. The bigger Barnes having to defend his friend at every step. The judge's lackies finding themselves on the wrong side of his fists on more than one occasion. Yet when the pair had returned to the territory after the war, they had returned as two of the most notorious men in the township, as well as the territory. Both of them stronger, faster and more dangerous than anyone could believe. Rogers no longer a sickly weakling, but large man that commanded nothing but respect from all those that met him.

Because of them, a lot of the town had been burnt to ashes. The townsfolk briefly joining them in the rebellion against the judge. More than a few of his men being killed before Rogers and Barnes had been forced to leave the town. Managing to escape Stark's long arm. Fleeing off into the wild of the territory. Hiding out God only knew where. But that was until now, and now that Stark knew where they were, he had every intention of making the outlaws pay.

Stark had grown bored recently, feeling the need for a little excitement in his life. And his latest scheme also gave him a way of getting his own back on the men that had made him look small and weak. The men that had dared challenge his authority.

Over the last few weeks, riders had been sent out with invitations to the deadliest gunslingers, outlaws and bounty hunters the west had to offer, for them to attend a great competition. A competition that would prove once and for all which one of them was the best. An invitation that Stark knew not one of them could refuse. And given the fact that the town was now full of some very dubious characters, it was obvious that he was right.

But as he sat, a great plume of smoke surrounding him as he puffed incessantly on the large cigar that was held firmly between his lips, he was becoming agitated. For despite all those that had already arrived for the competition, there were three still to come without whom the contest would not fulfill the judge's vengeful desires.

The first was a half Cherokee bounty hunter that the tribe called Onacona, or White Owl. The name given to her by her mother's people, as they believed that the woman could hunt her quarry even in the dark. A woman that it was said could become the bird that she was named for once the sun had fallen below the horizon. But to everyone else that was unlucky enough to be on the business end of her Colt single action revolver, she was simply known as (Y/n).

Stark had hired the bounty hunter some time ago to go into the vast expanses of the plains to locate and bring Barnes and Rogers back to the town. The two men the last pieces of his sinister little game. The whole competition having been concocted to allow Stark to have the duo killed in the most entertaining way possible. That, and it would allow him to keep his hands clean, despite Stark knowing that he would take great delight in killing the outlaws himself.

"Judge. Look." A large man armed with a Winchester rifle said, coming up behind his boss. The judge shaking the thoughts from his mind, before his eyes focused on a figure on horseback that had just appeared at the other end of the main street.

"Ah, just the lady that I have been waiting for. Now things should get interesting." Stark chuckled, as he stood from the chair. Smiling broadly as he saw the figures being dragged, unceremoniously behind the horse, obviously tied by the hands and neck.

The judge smiled as he watched the figure draw closer. The beautiful woman that sat atop the large black horse was always a sight to behold, and her exquisite looks belied her danger. She was as quick and deadly as anyone that the judge had ever heard of. Her skills with a gun even rivalling the most infamous gunslingers and outlaws of their time. And it was this mixture of perfection and peril, that had caught Stark's eye. The older man having propositioned the much younger woman on more than one occasion.

"Afternoon judge." (Y/n) said. Nodding her head respectfully at the man that had walked down the stairs from his porch and was now helping her from her mount.

"I believe that I've found what you wanted." The bounty hunter continued, moving past Stark to the back of her horse, so that she could release her captives. Dragging them forward before throwing them to the floor. The judge letting out an amused chuckle as he looked down at the exhausted and slightly battered pair.

"Nice to see you again gentlemen. Now the competition can begin."