The only one that can help - Part 4 - Bucky x Sam x Zemo x Reader

Bucky sat in the club, stewing as he gripped tightly to the neck of his beer bottle. Watching as (Y/n) moved around the dancefloor with Zemo always as close as he could possibly get. Even Sam was out there, dancing with all manner of girls.

Bucky couldn't remember how they had ended up there. But given (Y/n) had no restraint on her powers now, he wasn't surprised. Earlier, she had told them to stop at a little diner as they had past through a small town that wasn't far from the special government facility that she had been housed in. Happily ordering half of the menu and informing Bucky that all of it was on him. The Winter Soldier just sitting there and sipping on a black coffee, as she had joked with Zemo. Seemingly taking great delight in telling the ex-colonel every embarrassing little detail that she could about him. Bucky doing his best to control his temper as the Sokovian gave him one of those smiles that he would just love to slap off the Baron's face.

And now, here they were. In a club, music thumping. Sam seeming to forget all about the fact that they were with one guy that they had both broken out of prison; and with a woman that was an exceptionally good criminal, with powers that no one but (Y/n) herself, could really know. And then there was Zemo. The Sokovian seeming to be enjoying every minute of this. Enjoying seeing him uncomfortable. And very much enjoying being as close to (Y/n) as he could. The beer bottle in Bucky's hand shattering, as he saw the Baron grind up against her, again.

Okay, he knew that he couldn't say anything. She wasn't his girl anymore. Not after he had drawn her into that trap, and she had ended up where she had ended up. In fact, he knew that he had to be grateful that she hadn't tried to kill him............yet. But that didn't mean that he didn't care for her still. It didn't mean that he didn't still have feelings for her. That he still didn't have strong feelings for her. Bucky not realising how many feelings that he did still have for her, until she had been brought, manacled and restrained, into the room.

"Not having a good time, Barnes..............?" A voice suddenly came. Bucky looking up to see that (Y/n) had taken a seat next to him. Reaching for her drink and downing the shot in one.

"No particularly. But it looks like you are................"

"Why, yes, I am. Because of you, it's been a long time since I have been able to enjoy myself. A long time since I've been able to eat anything except prison slop. A long time since I have been able to drink and dance with a handsome man. A man whose company I am quite enjoying. And maybe, just maybe, if the dear Baron is so inclined, I might get a chance to enjoy something else I haven't been able to have in a long time." (Y/n) chuckled, as she watched Bucky's eyes grow wide at the last part of her statement. The old soldier grabbing for her hand, as she slowly got to her feet.

"You wouldn't............I didn't get you out so that you could...........with him.............."

"Oh, I would, Barnes. And I will if I feel like it. Or maybe I can see if Wilson is in the mood. See, it has nothing to do with you anymore. And you got me out, so that I can help you. Help YOU! Remember that. And I am going to make the most of it, before you do your best to try and get me killed. Now, if you will excuse me, it looks like a certain Sokovian colonel, has need of someone to dance with." (Y/n) growled. Glaring at Bucky before turning to look at the dancefloor. Smiling as she saw Zemo gesture for her to join him. (Y/n) yanking her hand from the soldiers grasp, before making her way back over to the Baron.

                                                        >>----------------------------------<<

Bucky got to his feet. The club was finally starting to quiet down a little. The late hour, or should that be the early hour, seeing people start to go home. He had continued to sit in the booth, not noticing the music or the hum of the people trying to talk over the din. His mind too busy going over what (Y/n) had said to him earlier. He was sure that she had been joking about Zemo, about Wilson. But, he wouldn't put it passed her to do something. It was just another way of her proving that she didn't need him. Proving that she no longer cared about him, or what he thought. He had to admit that it was hard hearing her say something like that. To say that she was interested in another man. Until he had met her, the only person that he truly felt close to. The only person that he felt he could trust, was Steve. Yet when he had met her, something, everything seemed to fall into place. She had loved him. Accepted everything he was, and everything that he had been. She had been there when he had woken from his nightmares. Cradling him in her arms, as she did her best to comfort him. To help him chase away the demons that still plagued his mind. And that was why it had hurt so much when he had discovered her little sideline. When he had found out what she was, and what she could do. For so long, he had fought with himself about whether he should turn her in or not. Whether he could give up one of the best things that he had ever had. But in the end, he had done. And even though a big part of him regretted it, it was too late to take it back. Too late to turn back the clock and change his mind. Too to apologise. The Winter Soldier rolling his eyes, as he made his way over to where Sam was giving his number to a woman. Bucky's heart leaping up into his throat, as he suddenly realised that he couldn't see either the Baron or (Y/n).

"Hey........where are they....................?" Bucky enquired urgently, as he gripped firmly at Sam's arm.

"Where are who.................?"

"What do you mean..........who? Zemo and (Y/n) where are they..............?"

"I don't know. I thought you were watching them. They were here a minute ago." Sam replied, as he too looked around the venue, not able to see either of the people in question. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier looking at one another. Both realising that they had probably lost the two notorious criminals.