I'm fine - Part 5 - Loki x Reader

"LOKI!? Have you lost your mind?!" Tony exclaimed in utter disbelief, as he and the other listened to Thor tell them that he believed that his brother may be the best person to speak to (Y/n), once she had woken up.

"We want her to get better, not pushed further to the edge. Your brother would have a worse bedside manner than the one that Strange has." The billionaire added. Tony not sure what would make Thor think that Loki would be able to get anything out of (Y/n), when the rest of them had failed so abysmally.

"You wish the lady (Y/n) to tell us what is wrong? What has changed her character so dramatically? Well, who better than a God of Mischief to do that? Loki can do things that we cannot. He can read her mind. So even is she won't come out and tell him, he will be able to see it." Thor retorted. Hoping that that reasoning would serve as well as any other. The God of Thunder not really wanting to tell Tony, to come out and tell the others what he believed. That the changes in (Y/n) had been caused by his brother. That Loki was, as Clint had so succinctly put it, the asshole that had promised her the world, and (Y/n) had fallen for it hook, line and sinker. That the god that had already caused their world and the other Avengers so much trouble, was the bad boy that (Y/n) had gone for, and the archer would happily like to see on the wrong end of one of his arrows.

"I suppose that Thor does have a point." Steve chimed in, all eyes turning to look at the old soldier. Even Bucky staring at him in disbelief.

"Look, (Y/n) won't speak to any of us, right? We have all tried.............."

"Yeah, and all she says is 'I'm fine'. We all know. But mind reading or not, you really think that (Y/n) is gonna tell that asshole anything? I mean really, he doesn't like any of us, and I doubt that (Y/n) is any different.........." Clint interjected. The archer not liking the idea of Loki being anywhere near (Y/n), anymore than any of the others.

"Exactly. Maybe we are all too close. Maybe whatever is going on, (Y/n) feels embarrassed by it and doesn't want to tell any of us. Loki isn't close to her. He is detached from all of this. It might make her feel more comfortable about opening up................"

"Opening herself up to ridicule, you mean. If there is something wrong, can you imagine Loki ever letting her live it down if she does tell him. No........its a bad idea.............."

"I think Steve is right." Natasha suddenly said, interrupting Clint's interruption of Steve. Her eyes firmly focused on Thor.

"I think anything at this point is worth a try, even if that anything is Loki. Even if he has to read her mind to get the answers we need, at least we will get an idea of where we can start to help. And if he gets nothing, at least we tried." Natasha reasoned. The Widow smiling slightly, as Thor gave her an appreciative nod.

"Fine........but don't say I didn't warn you. I think that the last thing that (Y/n) will want when she wakes up, is Captain Snarky crawling around in her head. But as no one wants to listen to me, I will go and take over from birdbrain. When (Y/n) finally wakes up, I think she would prefer to see me, than Wilson." Clint scoffed, as he got to his feet and made his way out of the room. Leaving the others to hope that Steve, Natasha and Thor were right, and Loki wouldn't make an already dire situation, even worse.

                                                         >>--------------------------------<<

Loki watched from the shadows. There had not even been a minute where one of the others hadn't been watching over the still unconscious (Y/n). No matter the hour, someone had been there. Certain ones like Barnes, just seeming to sit in quiet contemplation, as he held her hand. Staring off into the distance, lost in his own thoughts. Others like Wilson would talk to her. And in Wilson's case, it was nonstop talking. The Falcon taking it upon himself to tell the silently sleeping (Y/n), anything and everything that he could think of. Often laughing out loud when found one of his own stories amusing. And then others like Stark, would pace the room and demand answers from the comatose woman. Angry that she had got to this point. That she had refused to tell him, to tell anyone what had happened. His tone reminiscent of an angry yet concerned father. Loki having to watch on, as eventually the billionaire would stop his tirade and take a seat on the bed by her side. His fingers brushing away any stray hair that had move across her face. His voice becoming gentle, as he begged for whatever god was looking down on them, to bring (Y/n) back to them.

But, at this moment, it seemed to be Barton's turn to sit with (Y/n). Loki often finding himself rolling his eyes as the archer would drone on and on about his farm. How he might be able to persuade Rogers and Stark to let her go home with him for a while. That it would give her a chance to think and enjoy some time with Laura and the kids. To take her mind off what was going on, even if she still didn't want to tell him. The God of Mischief determined that once she woke up, he wasn't going to let her go anywhere with Barton, or anyone else. That he wouldn't be without her again. But at this moment, he had more pressing matters. He wanted to see (Y/n). Even if she wasn't awake to talk to him, he still wanted to try and explain himself. To apologise for everything that he had said and done.

                                                        >>-----------------------------------<<

Clint looked up, as an alarm rang out. The archer jumping to his feet, looking between (Y/n) and the air, as the alarm seemed to get louder. The archer not sure what was going on. Not sure whether he should leave (Y/n) or try and get her out of the medical bay.

"I'm gonna find out what the hell's going on, ok kid? Now, don't go anywhere." Clint finally said before he raced out of the door. The archer not noticing a smiling God of Mischief watch him, as he disappeared down the long corridor. Not noticing as Loki slipped into the room where (Y/n) lay. The dark god hoping that his little subterfuge would keep the archer busy for just long enough for him to talk to (Y/n).