14| Muggle Cookies

''𝘽𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙈𝙪𝙜𝙜𝙡𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙮.''

𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑫 𝑷𝑶𝑽

𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑫 𝑷𝑶𝑽

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴, 𝗬/𝗻 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗹𝗲𝗳𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗼𝘆𝘀. She happened to wake up Draco while she was getting up from the couch, but he quickly fell back asleep. When she came downstairs, he watched as he curled his arms around himself, trying to find comfort in something - or someone - that wasn't there. 

The sun was just coming over the horizon at the time. But now, the sun was fully in the sky and shining down on the glass windows of the living room. Though the curtains had been pulled over the windows, it had still left a significant amount of light around the room. Bouncing against the hardwood floors and stone walls, beaming down on the blonde that laid on the couch. 

With his last breaths of unconsciousness, Draco's eyes fluttered open to the light of the sun. He instantly squeezed them shut again. With a groan, he unwrapped his arms from around his torso and rubbed his eyes with the heel of his hands. Then, sighing, he dropped his hands and put his feet in the floor. 

Last night hadn't drifted away from him. Rather, he remembered the whole thing. Especially when he had fallen asleep on the couch with Y/n, who had left just too soon. He wished that she was still here, but, she had to work for her home and her son. 

Placing his hands on his knees, he pushed himself off the couch and raised his arms above his head. A low groan escaped him, bones popping in both his arms, shoulders, back and legs. It felt nice to not be straining his muscles. Lowering his arms, he headed towards the kitchen first. 

''Master Malfoy.''

Draco gave a light-hearted chuckle. ''What have I told you? Just call me Draco. Please.'' 

The House Elf - Mink - had seemed taken aback. Draco told him this all the time, but they always addressed people as 'Master'. Especially the Malfoy's. 

''Mink shall try his best, Master Malfoy.'' Draco knew he couldn't change them, so he gave a smile instead. ''What does Master Malfoy want this morning?'' The small creature asked. 

Draco hummed, walking around the kitchen to sit on a small stool that was accompanied with an island. Mink hopped onto the opposite stool, sitting with his legs folded under him. 

''How about just something simple this morning?'' He asked, not quite sure what he wanted. ''Quick and easy.'' 

Mink nodded happily, before snapping his fingers and Apparating around another part of the kitchen. 

Draco never liked to work the House Elves too much. When they would ask what he needed from them, he would always give them small jobs to do. He could do the rest. Laughter had echoed from outside the kitchen, footfalls sounded against the stairs.