48| Astoria Greengrass

''𝙋𝙚𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙨 𝙜𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙪𝙨 𝙖 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙩.''

𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗮 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗶𝘁 𝗶𝘀

𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗮 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗶𝘁 𝗶𝘀. The pain from the fall at the Quidditch Pitch didn't last long, since I didn't actually hit the ground. Well, I did. But Lupin slowed me down before I could hit the ground at 70 M.P.H, the way Dumbledore did to Harry. 

I still had a headache, this time is wasn't from Parkinson. She really has got over her obsession with Malfoy, excepting that he doesn't like her. She knows that he likes someone else, but she won't tell me who. I've tried to get her to tell me, but she just won't let it slip. 

Besides that, Hermione keeps having to keep me from spacing out all the time. I really don't mean too, but it just happens. I can't help it. When I do space out, I have the weirdest thoughts. One time I thought about what would happen if aliens took over the school. Hermione and I used to think that magic was just some form of fantasy writing, but now that we are in a magical world - ourselves being witches - that thought had flown out the window. 

So then that leads me to wonder. What if aliens are real too? Aliens are another form of fantasy writing and look where that led us. Maybe aliens are watching over us right now. They could be planning an invasion, or maybe, just maybe. Voldemort is secretly an alien. 

''Y/n?'' Hermione's faint voice reached out. I didn't have time to comprehend whatever else she was saying, I was still thinking about aliens. Like, what if that's where are missing things go? Hermione lost a quill not too long ago, maybe the aliens took it. 

''Y/n.'' Hermione reached out again, her voice still faint. Maybe they took my extra box of owl treats for Faris, too. I swear I had packed at least three boxes in my trunk, but now one of them are gone. What would they want owl treats for anyway? 

''Y/n!'' Hermione's voice rang through my ears, making my jump from how loud it was. I had almost fallen from my chair, holding onto the edge of the table for support. 

''What!'' I shouted back, panting. 

''You spaced out again, you're supposed to be doing this.'' She tapped down in the paper in front of me with the end of her feathered quill. It was a potions assignment for something I hadn't cared to understand. 

''Whoops.'' I shrugged my shoulders, staring down at the wood of the table. It looked like a nice wood, well polished and fit well with the atmosphere of the Gryffindor Common Room. Even if it got ink stains on it, it always felt like it was clean. 

''You're doing it again.'' She spoke sternly. 

''Sorry, I can't help it.'' 

''Why have you been spacing out so much lately?'' She then asked, placing down the quill in her ink pot. 

''I just told you, didn't I? I can't help it and I don't know why.'' I leaned back in my chair with a groan, running my hands down my face. 

''Maybe there is something that can help you with that.'' She suggested. ''A potion or something.'' Picking up a book, she started skimming through pages.