76| Late Night Reading

''𝙄'𝙢 𝙖𝙨𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙢𝙮 𝙬𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩, 𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚.''

𝗔𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁, 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗕𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝗠𝗮𝗹𝗳𝗼𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗜 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝗯𝗶𝗱𝗱𝗲𝗻 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁, 𝗜 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝘆 𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀

𝗔𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁, 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗕𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝗠𝗮𝗹𝗳𝗼𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗜 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝗯𝗶𝗱𝗱𝗲𝗻 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁, 𝗜 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝘆 𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀. I didn't know how Barty knew that I was a werewolf, and I'm sure I never gave off anything specific about being one. The only people who knew - who were in the school - are Snape and Malfoy, no doubt Dumbledore also knows. 

Oliver had brought me some breakfast from The Great Hall that morning, it being bacon and eggs. I generously thanked the Quidditch Capitan as he started a conversation with me. He thought it was funny how I was friends with most of the Quidditch Capitan's of this year, besides Ravenclaw. I never had the chance to meet the Ravenclaw Quidditch Capitan, the only Ravenclaw I really knew was Luna. 

He also said something about Harry and his confidence about becoming the next Quidditch Capitan. Apparently he didn't think that he would be able to lead a whole group of Gryffindor's to win the Quidditch Cup next year, but Oliver kept saying to go with his gut. Oliver hadn't known this, but I'm starting to think that Harry's gut was becoming as smart as his brain. 

Sadly, he soon left, saying he needed to be doing something. He didn't tell me exactly what he needed to do, but it was apparently important. He rushed out pretty quickly, which I had just shrugged off for the time being on account that I had food in-front of me. The food was still pretty warm, letting me know that breakfast had just ended pretty recently. 

After finishing off the food on the plate, I set it down on the side table and seen something sticking out of the top of my leather bag. The top was still closed, but a wooden stick happened to be sticking out the side opening. Slowly reaching over, I grabbed the end of the wooden stick and pulled it from my bag. 

It was the arrow from last night, dark red splotches covering small parts of the wood. The head of the arrow made from a thick metal substance with a small carving on one side of it. Most likely some signia for the centaur. Grabbing the hem of my shirt, I pulled down the side a little to see the wound where the arrow had hit me. I brought up the arrow and placed the head close to where the wound was located, imagining it still stuck in my chest. 

My blood was already dried into the arrow, so I couldn't really clean it, even if I wanted too. The doors to the Hospital Wing had creaked open, causing me to quickly shove the arrow back into my leather bag, where it - hopefully - wouldn't be seen. I also made sure that the wound on my chest was covered completely, so nobody would be asking any questions about it. 

Marcus had walked through the door, his eyes scanning over each and every bed before reaching mine. With a small shake of his head, and what had seemed a breathless chuckle, he started walking over to stand beside my bed.