9| Worry

''𝘿𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙖 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙠𝙚𝙚𝙥.''

𝗜 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗡𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗲 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝘀𝗼 𝗻𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆, 𝗜 𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗵𝗲𝗿

𝗜 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗡𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗲 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝘀𝗼 𝗻𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆, 𝗜 𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗵𝗲𝗿. He hadn't given me many details, only stating that Hermione got sad and ran off after Charms because of something Ronald had said. I was trying to avoid him to the best of my intentions, I guess his intentions also told him to leave me alone.

It was Halloween night, there was a feast going on in The Great Hall, I hadn't gotten to eat any of the food there because of Hermione, so she owes me. Big time. The corridors are dark, gloomy and cold, which ended up in me shivering and rubbing my hands up and down my arms, trying to warm myself. 

As I walked down the end of a corridor, I heard a faint sniffling sound coming from the girls bathroom. My mind went straight to Hermione, and usually, my mind was right about these things. I went to push the door open, it taking more strength then intended because they were huge and wooden. 

''Hermione?'' I spoke quietly, walking up to the stall that I had heard the sniffling noise from. The sniffling started to falter, and it sounded like someone was trying to make up for crying. 

''I'm not coming. I'm fine here.'' She spoke. I could still hear the sadness in her voice. 

''I didn't ask you to come to the feast, I came to check on you.'' 

''Thanks, but like I said, I'm fine.'' 

''We both know that when someone says they're 'fine', it's a complete lie to hide more emotions.'' I spoke wisely, making Hermione chuckle a little from the other side of the door. 

Hearing Hermione chuckle had made an unnoticed smile come across my face. Footsteps could be heard from the stall, apparently it had also been locked, because the lock came undone before Hermione walked out. 

''Thank you, sis.'' She spoke, glancing between the ground and I.

''Anytime, sister.'' I placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder, making her smile while looking down at the ground. ''Clean yourself up. Then we can see about that feast, because I am hungry.'' I spoke while Hermione laughed at my intentions. 

''How do you do that?'' She asked suddenly. Her head snapped up to look in the mirror, staring at me who was behind her through the mirror.

''Do what?'' I asked, raising a brow. Hermione sighed, drying off her hands and turning around to face me. 

''Comfort people. I mean, you know exactly how to make them feel better then they were before. How do you do that?'' She asked, looking at me with genuine curiosity.