23| Brunch

''𝙇𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙣 𝙪𝙥 𝙣𝙤𝙬, 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙄'𝙢 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙧𝙚𝙥𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙖 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙙 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚.''

𝗢𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘀𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝗲𝘄 𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗵𝘀, 𝗜'𝘃𝗲 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗲𝗱 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴

𝗢𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘀𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝗲𝘄 𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗵𝘀, 𝗜'𝘃𝗲 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗲𝗱 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴. Draco has been inviting us over to his house almost every other week, either with a large smile or a begging expression. It was enough to get me to say yes every time and Teddy didn't seem to be arguing about it. Actually, he seemed strangely happy whenever I told him we were going over to the Mansion. 

He would smile to where his teeth would show, dimples making a presence on either side of his face. His head would sink a little into his neck, his shoulders right next to his jawline. I asked once why he was so happy about it, he only said that he wanted to see Scorpius again. Best friends, that's what they were. 

I tried asking Theo, bringing up the topic to him. He has still yet to find a place for himself, mainly because he keeps saying how cozy it is at my house and how much of an Uncle figure he is to Teddy. I couldn't deny, Teddy liked playing with Theo, the both of them playing with the replica of Hogwarts. 

I never brought it up to Draco, because everytime I tried, I kept forgetting to do so. Even when I threaten myself or tell myself to ask him, repeatedly, over and over. I keep forgetting. 

But over that time, there's bound to be a full moon somewhere. Theo has been staying with Teddy, keeping him from going outside during the night. While I'm transformed, I can look through the window of the house, the lights on and Theo sitting with Teddy in the living room. Reading a book or coloring with a comfortable few words between the two of them. 

Theo was right, he is an Uncle figure to Teddy. And I'm glad he has someone else to be around besides me all the time. 

Today, wasn't any different from the rest. We were going over to Malfoy Manor for brunch. We were getting ready and I came downstairs from a shower I had taken, to find Theo and Teddy lowly whispering to one another. Theo was crouched down to Teddy's height, his hands beside his head. 

''What are you two talking about?'' I asked from the stairs, making Theo jump to his feet and face me with his hands behind his back. I furrowed my brows. 

''Nothing.'' He spoke, waving his hand at me and shaking his head. ''Just telling him stories about his amazing Uncle.'' Theo wrapped his arm around Teddy's shoulder, pulling the little one into his side. 

I looked between the two of them, highly doubting that's what they were talking about earlier. With an unsure nod, I continued down the rest of the stairs and we made our way out of the house. And just for the pure easiness of it, we Apparated to Malfoy Manor. My Motorcycle still hasn't been fixed, I never got around to it. 

When we arrived, a House Elf was the one to open the door this time. Usually it would've been Draco. He was the one who would open the door with a bright smile, opening the door wide for us to walk in. But this time, it was a frail Elf, standing at the door, looking at us like we were strangers.