75| Barty's Threat

''𝙌𝙪𝙞𝙩 𝙥𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙛𝙛 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙪𝙨 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬, 𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙢𝙖𝙣!''

𝗠𝗮𝗹𝗳𝗼𝘆 𝘄𝗮𝗹𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝗮 𝗳𝗲𝘄 𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗽𝘀 𝗮𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝗲, 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗲 𝗜 𝗸𝗲𝗽𝘁 𝗴𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘂𝗽 𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗸𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝗶𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗼𝗻 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘆𝗲𝘁

𝗠𝗮𝗹𝗳𝗼𝘆 𝘄𝗮𝗹𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝗮 𝗳𝗲𝘄 𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗽𝘀 𝗮𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝗲, 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗲 𝗜 𝗸𝗲𝗽𝘁 𝗴𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘂𝗽 𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗸𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝗶𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗼𝗻 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘆𝗲𝘁. My leather bag hung over my shoulder, my wand, cloak, extra clothes, healing supplies and another vial of Wolfsbane were stuffed inside. He hasn't said a word since we'd met up in the courtyard about an hour after Harry and I got back from our trip with Remus and Sirius. 

His back had been turned to me the whole time, not bothering to spare a glance at me from over his shoulder. Usually he wouldn't said some sarcastic comment about me being late, or me almost tripping over the tree roots that stuck up from the ground floor of the woodland. I don't even think he heard anything that was going on behind him, his hands stayed put in his pockets, his head held up as he stared forward. 

It was like he was a statue, a moving statue. No emotions, no thoughts, no words. Or maybe it was just no words, and all his emotions were being thrown onto his thoughts. What was he thinking about? Surely nothing was that important that he doesn't talk for the rest of the night. Only something huge could do that, like something that's happened to himself or the house of Slytherin. 

Maybe he's being resorted, maybe he's scared that he'll be a Gryffindor. But I highly doubt that, I don't think they even let students resort themselves. Why would they even do so, only if the hat is rigged at the time and someone paid the hat to say specific things to sort them into a specific house. But that's not too specific, right? 

When we had reached the ever-so-familiar clearing with the fallen log, long grass, tree leaves almost blocking the sky with the little amount of flowers growing around. Malfoy had leaned himself against a tree a few feet away from the fallen log, not a surprise, his back was faced towards me. I wanted to ask him what was wrong, or why he hadn't said anything. 

But I didn't care about him, right? He's a jerk and likes to bully first years for fun. Not just that, but he also bullies Harry all the time. Like before, when Moody had exposed him for being an Animagus - at least to me, not everyone else -, Malfoy was about to hex Harry because of some stupid comment he said. 

Not to mention all the times he's called the Weasley's 'blood-traitors'. And the times he has called Hermione a 'mud-blood'. Shaking my head clear of my thoughts, I turned away from Malfoy's back and faced the sky, seeing the moon overhead. Breathing through clenched teeth, I dropped to the ground, my knees pulled up to my chest and my hands gripping the side of my head. 

This was the only time when Malfoy turned around, but it was only for a second or two before he turned back around. My eyes caught his for that short moment, his face showing no emotion. But his eyes told a different story. His eyes held something in them, something like forgiveness and a cry for help. Malfoy had already turned around before I could start converting into a werewolf.