64| The Three Curses

''𝘽𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙨𝙤 𝙥𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙙𝙞𝙢𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙙.''

𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴, 𝗥𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗸𝗲𝗽𝘁 𝗴𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗗𝗲𝗳𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗲 𝗔𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗗𝗮𝗿𝗸 𝗔𝗿𝘁𝘀 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗳𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗼𝗿

𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴, 𝗥𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗸𝗲𝗽𝘁 𝗴𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗗𝗲𝗳𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗲 𝗔𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗗𝗮𝗿𝗸 𝗔𝗿𝘁𝘀 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗳𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗼𝗿. Hermione kept trying to argue with Ron, saying that it could be dangerous having someone like Mad-eye as a Professor. Ron was saying otherwise, saying how amazing it would be to have a Professor who has had 'first hand experience' with these kind of things. 

Harry made a few comments here and there between their words, sometimes with Hermione and sometimes with Ron. He was indecisive at the moment. I had learned to stay out of Hermione and Ron's arguments for my sake, since they seem to go on forever without an end. Either that or Hermione sighs and stomps down the corridor if she can't get a point through to Ron. 

I always knew they would be soulmates, just didn't know how well they would look together. It makes one wonder when they are going to confess for one another. Ron keeps saying that he doesn't feel anything for Hermione, but Hermione says the same exact thing about Ron. Harry didn't seem to really think that far, only seeing them as his best friends at the moment. 

When we entered the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, I noticed that Malfoy was sitting next to Crabbe, with Goyle sitting behind him with Parkinson. I wanted to sit as far away from them as possible, so I moved to the other side of the room. Maybe I just didn't have enough to eat for breakfast this morning, I swear, three stacks of pancakes were enough. But I had a weird feeling when I sat down in my seat. 

Soon, more people started to file into the classroom. The professor was yet to arrive, probably up in the office. Getting out my quill, Seamus had quickly taken the spot beside me. 

''Dibs!'' He shouted, almost falling over onto me when he slid into his seat. 

''Was there even a competition?'' I questioned, looking at him with a raised brow and tilted head. 

''Yep. I won, now Neville and Dean have to sit up there.'' He gestured towards the desk Dean and Neville were sitting at, in the middle row and a few desks ahead. Neville had a book about plants in his hand, stuffing it into his bag before closing it. 

''Are you. . .chewing gum?'' I asked Seamus. He turned to me and nodded. ''Where the hell did you get gum in Hogwarts? This is a Wizarding School, not a Muggle Marketplace.'' 

''I bought it from our trip. Calm yourself.'' Seamus waved me off, turning to carve little words into his desk with the end of the quill. I sighed with a facepalm, watching as Seamus had carved his words and symbols. Nothing too major, just the word 'hi' with a few swirly symbols around it.