95| Dumbledore's Army

''𝙔𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙩 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙄'𝙫𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙑𝙤𝙡𝙙𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙩.''

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗿 𝘂𝘀𝘂𝗮𝗹 𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗽𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗛𝗼𝗴𝘀𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲, 𝗼𝗻𝗹𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘃𝗲

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗿 𝘂𝘀𝘂𝗮𝗹 𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗽𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗛𝗼𝗴𝘀𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲, 𝗼𝗻𝗹𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘃𝗲. Draco and I had separated early that morning, heading back to our Common Rooms without being caught by Umbridge. I had passed McGonagall in the corridors while she was in her cat form. She gave me a glance, but continued to mind her own business and walk down the corridor. I knew I could count on her. 

I barely got comfortable in the bed of my dorm before Hermione had woken me up. She said that she had an idea last night but I wasn't there to hear it. I asked her what it was, but she didn't explain it to me. She only rushed me to get dressed and take a shower before she held my arm and made me follow her wherever she went.

As we sat down at the Gryffindor table for breakfast, Ron was stuffing his face with waffles. They only made me want waffles. As I went to sit down, Hermione moved me onto her other side so that I sat in front of Harry. I didn't know why she had done so, I was just wanting to sit down and eat. I barely remember what I had to eat last. 

''Why did you do that?'' I asked her. 

''What?'' She asked, sitting down and worriedly looking around the room. 

''You moved me. Why did you?'' I asked again, hoping that I didn't have to repeat myself a third time. Hermione didn't answer, only continued to look around the room. I gave questioning looks between Harry and Ron, seeing that both of them didn't have any idea either. 

I shrugged my shoulders and started grabbing waffles from the table. Hermione turned back around and started to whisper towards Harry and Ron, almost getting her hair in my food. She ignored the glare I gave her, so I turned back to my food. I tuned into their conversation here and there, hearing something along the lines of Umbridge. 

Subconsciously, I started to look around The Great Hall for a familiar boy. My eyes roamed up and down the Slytherin table, only to find that he wasn't sitting there. Everyone else was, so where was he? Astoria was also gone, which didn't seem like a great thing to me. My brows furrowed as I tried looking out the doors of The Great Hall for the pair, still not finding them. 

Before I could announce myself, saying that I was going to leave now. Owls had started to fly in, signaling that it was time for mail. The twins had ran in through the door, both plopping themselves down next to me. I ignored them for now, watching as Faris gracefully flew around the other owls and landed on my shoulder. 

Faris didn't have a letter, package or even a scrap of parchment. Instead, he held a small flower in his beak. With slightly furrowed brows, I gently took the flower from him and held it between my fingers.