5| Friends

''𝙎𝙡𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙙𝙤 𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙧.''

𝗜 𝗲𝘅𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗺𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗡𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗰𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗱

𝗜 𝗲𝘅𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗺𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗡𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗰𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗱. I didn't know what to expect from any of this, so when I stepped out onto the station and saw Hagrid ahead, I was a little relieved. He called over all the first years, as the years ahead had walked off in the opposite direction from us.

I had spotted the people from the compartment I stumbled across earlier, a little further back into the crowd. Seems like they spotted me too, or at least, the black haired boy did. He gave me a smile and a small wave, as I reciprocated the action. 

Hermione elbowed me to turn back around, seeing the crowd had started walking ahead. Neville stuck by my side, he didn't like being around any other people, and he was most aquatinted with us. 

''Boats? Really?'' Hermione asked.

''I heard there's a giant squid in that lake.'' I smiled while looking into the lake, trying to spot the giant squid. 

''That's only a myth.'' 

''It might not be.'' I replied. Hermione had now gone pale, seemingly to keep forgetting that we are in a magic world where literally anything is possible. 

Hagrid said there was only allowed to be four people to a boat, so I split off from Hermione and Neville, telling them that I was going to see if I could find anyone else to sit with on the boat ride. I'm pretty sure Hermione and Neville went to go sit with Harry Potter and whoever the other little boy was. 

Hagrid was in a boat on his own, seeing as he equaled to at least five students. Some students were still walking around looking for a boat to sit in, same as I was at the moment. 

''Eagle lady!'' I heard someone call from ahead of me. It was a new name, which honestly, made me a little happy. It was the black haired boy from earlier, he had walked over to me and threw his arm around my shoulder. ''Want to come ride in the boat with us?'' He asked.

''If that blonde piss pot isn't there, then gladly.'' I stated. The boy laughed.

''No, it's only going to be me and Zabini. Come on.'' He grabbed my wrist and pulled me along behind him, towards the boat where Zabini had been waiting. We hopped into the boat, the black haired boy sat next to me as Zabini sat in-front of us. 

''Tell me, is there really a giant squid in this lake?'' I asked the two, looking down into the lake.

''Of course there is, he only picks on certain first years though.'' Zabini said. I hummed and looked back into the water. 

''You know, we didn't quite catch your name.'' The boy from beside me had said. He's right, I barely knew their names either. 

''Y/n Granger.'' I told the two.