23| Mum's Magazine

''𝙎𝙥𝙚𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙛, 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙘𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙯𝙞𝙣𝙚.'' 

𝗜 𝘂𝘀𝘂𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝘄𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘂𝗽, 𝗶𝗻 𝗮 𝘀𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗹𝘆 𝗽𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗲𝗳𝘂𝗹 𝘄𝗮𝘆, 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴

𝗜 𝘂𝘀𝘂𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝘄𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘂𝗽, 𝗶𝗻 𝗮 𝘀𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗹𝘆 𝗽𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗲𝗳𝘂𝗹 𝘄𝗮𝘆, 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴. The sun was shining, birds were chirping, and no sound of Buck the Rooster could be heard. People were walking up and down the sidewalk, while Moose was sleeping peacefully next to me. Faris sleeping with his head between his wings at my window. 

Hermione nor my parents have came to wake me up, as they stayed downstairs like the good folks they are. Dudley wasn't on the street yet, and neither were his friends. Neighbors watering and catering for their gardens out front, as the cool breeze hits the block just right. Making it seem like a paradise. 

I know I had said that I didn't wake up peacefully this morning, and that's because of an idea that mum had gotten from a magazine she got in the mail. And unfortunately for me, I was the only one that the idea applied to, because no one else needed it besides myself. I should be offended, and I am offended. 

Because mum had got me an alarm clock.

As the clock goes off, I jump from the bed, making Moose fall to the floor since he was sleeping on my chest. Faris also jumped, flapping his wings at the clock while making noises at it, poking it with his beak every now and then to turn it off. I wanted to throw it out the window, but mum would just get me another one. 

So I settled for just smacking the top of it to turn it off for today. I looked down to hear Moose sigh and rest his head against the ground again, half asleep still. Faris was still scolding the clock, trying to rip it to shreds, maybe that could be my excuse if I threw it out the window. As I stood up, the unmistakeable noise of Buck could be heard. 

Now I couldn't tell which was worse, being awoken by the rooster or the clock. I'm guessing the clock, because I could easily let Faris snatch buck and rip him to shreds if it didn't get me in trouble with the girl next door. I pet Faris, soothing the feathers down on his head. 

Faris settled down, taking his place to stare out my window. I hopped out of bed, avoiding stepping on Moose and made my way to my closet. I would've fallen back asleep if I could, but mum would've came and woke me back up again, since we are heading back to school for second year today. 

I picked out some causal enough clothes, then headed over to the bathroom to take a shower before I ate. Hopefully mum knew I was awake, maybe then she'll take away the alarm clock and leave me to wake up in peace. Besides the menace next door, but even Buck is better then the alarm clock. And that's really saying something. 

As the water hut my skin, I heard a knock on the door.

''Y/n, are you in there?'' Mum asked from the outside of it.