103| Fireworks

''𝙄𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙢𝙚𝙖𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙄 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙥𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙪𝙞𝙡𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙠𝙨.''

𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗴𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗦𝗻𝗮𝗽𝗲

𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗴𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗦𝗻𝗮𝗽𝗲. Lessons that helped Harry to keep Voldemort from invading his mind. He always came back to the Common Room all sweaty, panting even. I didn't want to think wrong of it, but I couldn't help but do so. That night, Harry came by and said that Fred and George sounded like they were up to something. 

Aren't they always? 

Hermione kept looking at me, as if I had committed a crime that I wasn't admitting to. The night that Draco that slept in my dorm, Hermione had noticed the white ferret the next morning. Not to mention the oversized clothes that I wore. She kept asking if I was hiding anything from her, but I wouldn't tell her anything. I just said that I was housing a wild ferret I had found outside. 

Even with Draco as a ferret, he seemed smug at the time. Hermione didn't buy it, but she left the topic for a while. Lavender asked if she could pet the ferret, to which Draco instantly moved away from her. Katie laughed, almost toppling onto the floor when she had seen that. I rolled my eyes with a grin, holding Draco in my hands. 

Remus had written to me a few times, a couple of the letters asking if I was still doing alright. It made me smile about how much he cared. I shared a few details with him about Umbridge, leaving out the part about my arm. I didn't want him to worry more then he already was. Not to mention that Harry had told Sirius about Hagrid and the giants. How Death Eaters had been trying to acquire beasts and half-bloods on their side. 

Sirius and Remus had told the four of us that Dumbledore was holed up in Grimmauld Place for a short period of time. Due to the fact that Umbridge is now the new Headmistress of Hogwarts, on Fudge's commands. Kingsley had been there, but he couldn't do anything to help Dumbledore because he didn't need his position in the Order to be compromised. 

Every day, it seemed that more and more people were joining Voldemort's side. A few of them making their way into the Daily Prophet, which still happened to be written by Rita Skeeter. I never forgave her for what she did in fourth year, whether it was about Harry, Cedric or Theo. Even Hermione, getting a spot on the page as she is mentioned with Harry and Krum. Those times were stressful for her, to say the least. 

Hogwarts is empty now, no paintings on the walls, no sightings of the ghosts and poltergeists. No magic was allowed in the corridors, which was always a rule but had been less important then the others. Boys and girls were not aloud to walk within' 8 inches of each other, making it harder for me to spend time with the trio, the twins, Theo or Blaise. Draco and I had already figured out a way to get past that rule. 

Professors held themselves in their classrooms, only coming out for the feast. Some of them now even bothering, since they knew Umbridge would be there. Nobody would talk at the feasts either, Umbridge declaring silence across the tables. If they weren't silent and caught them taking, then we already knew the punishment for that.