22| His Mother

''𝙃𝙚 𝙨𝙚𝙚𝙢𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙞𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙.''

 𝗗𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗼 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗶𝗻𝘃𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘂𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘆 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻, 𝘀𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗯𝗲 𝗻𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗼 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲

 𝗗𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗼 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗶𝗻𝘃𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘂𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘆 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻, 𝘀𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗯𝗲 𝗻𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗼 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲. I agreed, thinking it over a few times. The kids slept in Scorpius' room like they did last time, Theo and I getting our own room in return. I ended up getting the same room I got last time, which I had just started to call my reserved room. 

When I had gotten there, clothes were already nearly folded on the bed. The House Elf must've came by already. With a soft smile, I picked up the clothes and moved over to the bathroom to take a shower for the night. The water running down my back, bringing a sort of warmth to my previously cold body. 

But during the marvelous sensation of the shower water, I happened to be missing the deep conversation between Theo and Draco. Just outside my room. 

After the shower I went to bed, falling asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. The thick blanket sprawled out under me.

And the morning was almost as marvelous as the shower was. Usually, I didn't have days like this. Where everything seemed perfect and I woke up in a good mood. Usually it was a dull morning, with the sun either blocked with clouds or rain falling from outside. But today, the sun wasn't covered and no rain fell. 

My arm was tucked under my pillow, my face nudged closer into the soft substance. The sun shines through the tiniest holes in the curtain, leaving a heavenly look in the room. The thick blanket was still under me, but another blanket had been draped over me. Thinner, but softer. 

''Mum!'' Teddy jumped on the bed, careful enough to not be crushing my bones. I laughed at him, pulling my eyes open. I faced away from the window, so it wasn't a blinding sight. 

''Good morning, Teddy.'' I mumbled back. 

''Get up, get up!'' He shouted happily, jumping around on the bed. He almost fell, but got back up again. 

I laughed at him, before slowly lifting myself from the pillow. 

''What time is it?'' I asked, my eyesight being too blurry to read the clock on the other side of the room. 

''I don't know.'' He answered, jumping once more on the bed. ''But breakfast is done!'' 

''Is it now?'' He nodded happily. ''Well, let's not let it go cold, shall we?'' 

Teddy cheered, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of bed. I laughed and calmed him down, wanting to at least brush my hair before I go down. Just as I was finished, Teddy pulled me out of the room, causing me to drop the hairbrush on the ground.