83| Baby-Sitting

𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘠𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘍𝘪𝘷𝘦 

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

''𝙒𝙚𝙡𝙡, 𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠 𝙞𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙨𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙚.''

 𝗧𝗼 𝘀𝗮𝘆 𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗲, 𝗶𝘀 𝗮𝗻 𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁

 𝗧𝗼 𝘀𝗮𝘆 𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗲, 𝗶𝘀 𝗮𝗻 𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁. I was enthusiastic about it, wanting to get away from all the magic and the sadness for the past few days. When I had came home, I cried at the sight of Moose. I had promised Cedric that he would be able to meet him, but I guess I had broken that promise. 

From then on, I had kept a yellow and black collar on Moose. It shows that he's a Hufflepuff, and it's a decoration towards Cedric. I miss him dearly, but Marcus had told me the whole story. I've been having rash thoughts about the last task, but I shook them off the moment they had surfaced through my thoughts. 

Hermione actually has another friend, who isn't Ron or Harry or Ginny, instead it's a Hufflepuff. Her name is Susan Bones, and they both study together every now and then. Turns out, they've been friends since first year, but I haven't had the audacity to ask about her. Hermione was invited to stay over at her house for a few days, which left me back at home in the neighborhood in the meantime. 

And there isn't anything wrong with that, actually, if it was me, I would've begged to stay home. Not saying that I don't like Susan or anything. Faris also seemed happy to be home, greeting Moose when I had let him out of the cage upstairs. It was nice to see that the two of them start to get along with every passing year, maybe someday they'll tell each other everything. In a language that they both understand. 

We told mum and dad about what had been happening through fourth year, telling them about the new friendships we had made. Mine with Cedric and Hermione's with Krum. She told them that Hermione and Krum were sort of a thing, far distance and still working it out. They couldn't be prouder. Sadly, we also had mentioned that Cedric died at the last task, I left out the rest about how and why he died, along with the news about Barty being my adoptive father in a way. 

I didn't want to confront my parents about them not actually being my parents and I doubt they even know that I'm not their's. They probably think that mum still birthed me alongside Hermione, not wanting to ask any questions and not having any concerns about it. I decided to keep it that way, planning to talk about it when the time is right. 

As Hermione was taken to her friend's house - via Knight Bus - mum and dad had headed off to work early this morning and I was left at home, with Moose and Faris. Every morning after mum and dad go to work, o take Moose out for a walk. The same people down the street doing the same things they've always done, nobody had changed. It's nice to know that I don't have to deal with any big changes on my street when I come back from Hogwarts every year.