105| Slughorn

''𝙃𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮? 𝙂𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙖 𝙛𝙚𝙬 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨.

𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘠𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘚𝘪𝘹

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

𝑯𝑨𝑹𝑹𝒀 𝑷𝑶𝑻𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑷𝑶𝑽

𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮 𝗰𝗼𝗽𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗗𝗮𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗲𝘁, 𝗜 𝘀𝗮𝘁 𝗮𝘁 𝗮 𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘂𝗯𝘄𝗮𝘆. Death Eaters had started messing with the Muggle World, freaking them out enough to make them start moving away. More and more people had started to move away because of them. Not only that, but Ollivander was missing. The wand maker. 

On the front page was the incident with the bridge, Death Eaters destroying it with Muggles still walking back and forth. The radio was on in the diner, currently reporting the newest disaster. 

''The police are continuing with the investigation into the cause of the Millennium Bridge disaster. Traffic has been halted as the police search for survivors. The surrounding areas remain closed. The mayor has urged Londoners to remain calm. . .''

On the page that I was currently reading, it says that Lucius Malfoy is currently in Azkaban now. His wife and son left the trial, both looking grim as ever. He deserves it, one less threat to worry about that's running after me because of Voldemort's request. Looking closer at the picture, I was able to see just a bit of Draco's hand. A ring settled on one of his fingers, one that wasn't his. 

Just as I was on the brink of figuring it out, the waitress had came by my table. 

''Harry Potter.'' She said. ''Who's Harry Potter?'' At her question, I slowly put the paper on the table, looking up at her. 

''Oh, no one.'' I shook my head a bit. ''Bit of a tosser, really.'' 

She smiled at me and gestured with her head down at the paper on the table. ''Funny, that paper of yours. Couple nights ago, I could've sworn I saw a picture move.''

''Really?'' I was barely listening to her words. She was quite pretty. 

''Thought I was going around the twist.'' She bagan to walk away, past me. I couldn't let the opportunity slip, so I turned around in my seat to face her before she got to far to the back of the diner. 

''Hey, I was wondering-'' 

''Eleven.'' She smiled, already knowing what I was asking. ''That's when I get off. You can tell me all about that tosser Harry Potter.'' I smile as she walks off, continuing to do her job. 

When she walked into the back room, I decided to check my breath. Bringing a hand up to my face and breathing into it, I caught a whiff of what my breath smelled like. There's a reason why I always carry around mints in my pocket, which I had taken out and ate. When I looked up, I looking up at the window in the diner.