84| 12 Grimmauld Place

''𝙄𝙛 𝘿𝙪𝙢𝙗𝙡𝙚𝙙𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙨 𝙮𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙙𝙞𝙛𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙪𝙡𝙩𝙞𝙚𝙨, 𝙄 𝙬𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙗𝙚 𝙖𝙛𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙠𝙞𝙘𝙠 𝙚𝙢' 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙣 𝙙𝙤𝙣' 𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙚.''

𝗔𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗯𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗷𝗼𝗯, 𝗠𝗮𝗹𝗳𝗼𝘆 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗵𝗮𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝘀𝗽𝗼𝗸𝗲𝗻

𝗔𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗯𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗷𝗼𝗯, 𝗠𝗮𝗹𝗳𝗼𝘆 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗵𝗮𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝘀𝗽𝗼𝗸𝗲𝗻. He didn't say anything that happened between him and Dudley, and he didn't say anything on why he was being so quiet. I just let him be, talking to him every now and then because I know that he was at least listening. When I started to rant about random topics, I would always stare off at the wall of the ceiling. Malfoy would always look over at me, watching my face as I spoke for hours on end about different topics. He never seemed to be annoyed by it though. 

Even if he didn't say anything, we still went about the house in our normal manner. Mum and dad hadn't taken much notice to Malfoy's silence, mostly because they weren't home for most of the day. We'd still go on walks in the morning with Moose as Faris went out and about, flying over the neighborhood. He always insisted on taking the leash for Moose, softly grabbing it from my hands as his fingers brushed against my palm. 

I'd be lying if I said it didn't like the sensation of his hand touching mine. He seemed to think the same, because morning after morning, his hand had moved slower to take the leash from my hand. Sometimes I could see him trying to fight a grin from the corner of my eye, would all this change the moment we stepped into the Platform for Hogwarts? What even are we? Or is this all fake, and he's just deciding to play with my emotions? 

These questions swarmed my head, but quickly went away when Malfoy had wrapped his pinky finger around mine. I did the same with his, silence flowing between us both as we stayed looking ahead. Maybe he really does care about a muggle-born, maybe he isn't playing with my emotions and he actually feels something the way that I feel something for him. The moment hadn't lasted long when Malfoy had to leave a few hours after. 

Hermione soon came back, along with mum and dad. Hermione was grateful that Malfoy had already left by the time she had gotten back, but I couldn't say that I felt the same. It felt a little odd, not having Malfoy around and house and him not whining about every little thing that he came across in the hallway. Him asking what every muggle thing is as I show him how to use it, I wish other people could see him the way that I had seen him. 

With at least  before Hogwarts, Hermione and I weren't expecting to get a visit from Stan, who had said that he had a request from Dumbledore. Our parents hadn't expected it either, but that much wasn't a surprise. When we had started to ask questions, Stan said that he would answer as much as he could later and to start packing our bags. We wouldn't be home for the rest of the three months and would be going straight to the platform from wherever else we are staying.