ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ - ᴀʟᴘʜᴀ

REQUESTED ONE SHOT!! (kinda shitty I'm so sorry I just had no motivation but I was trying my best to write this up within the spare time I had.)

No ones POV

She sat down beside him, her back sliding against the wall. She pulled her knees up to her chest and rested her head on her knees. She stared at the boy beside her, who was looking down at his hands. His violet hair was covering his face and you weren't able to see his face properly.

"Alpha?" Y/n said, poking his shoulder. Slowly, he lifted his head up and turned to the side, facing Y/n. His dull eyes stared at her bright ones, a small smile crept onto his face.

"Yes, Y/n?" He asked. He then raised his hand and placed it on her forehead where there was a bandage wrapped around her head. "Are you feeling better?" Alpha asked. 

"A bit, training was a bit harsh today, I might have to skip tomorrow's one." Y/n chuckled. "Tell me what happens, okay?" The girl removed his hand from her head.

"I think maybe you should skip training until you're fully healed, not just tomorrow." Alpha replied. 

"But training is fun, especially with you!"

"You keep getting hurt during training, that's concerning Y/n." Alpha said. "Not only training, but everywhere else too." The h/c girl shrugged her shoulders.

"Guess I need someone to protect me." She said, pointing towards the boy beside her. He tilted his head to the side in confusion. The girl rolled her eyes. "I'm talking about you!"

"Me?"

"Yes! What, don't you want to protect me? I'll ask Gamma then—"

"No, no, no! I'll protect you, it's okay!" Alpha interrupted. Y/n smiled and held up her pinky. She moved her hand towards him and used her other hand to reach for his left hand. 

"Copy what I'm doing, okay?" She said. Alpha did as he was told and held up his pinky. "Promise you'll always protect me?" Y/n asked. Another smile crept onto his lips and he interlocked pinkies with her. 

"Promise."

A few months had past, and he had kept his promise. He had never left her side once, making sure she was protected at all cost. He made sure that she was okay during training and that if she  was ever in a situation that could potentially cause her harm, he'd be there.

Alpha stood outside her room, clutching a bouquet of flowers in his hands. Everyone on the team had received flowers and a medal for their hard work during the ragnarok. Unfortunately, Y/n wasn't able to attend for some reason. She had been fine the day the ragnarok had finished, but afterwards she hadn't said a word to anyone, not even Alpha. The violet haired boy was sent to give the bouquet to Y/n and her medal was for her to receive herself.

The boy stood outside of her room, waiting patiently for her to open the door. He raised his hand again and knocked on the door once more.

"Y/n, open up." He called out from behind the door. He got no response. His eyebrows slightly furrowed together in anger due to no response from Y/n. He placed his hand on the door knob and twisted it. It was unlocked. He pushed the door open and shut it behind him. 

The boy stared at her dorm in shock. Everything was messed up. The bed was all messy and her drawers were all open, everything that was once in them were now scattered all over the bed and floor. He walked over to the mess and crouched down, picking up one of the items off of the floor. It was a necklace she had hand made herself. He clutched it in his hand and placed it in his pocket.

Alpha turned his head towards the bathroom door, the door being slightly open. He slowly walked towards it and pushed the door open. Anything could be behind that door, someone who had broken in to her dorm. But it was even worse than he had expected. It was Y/n's lifeless body on the floor, a pool of blood surrounding her. 

The boy ran over to her body and dropped to his knees, the flowers scattering all over the floor beside her. He picked her up and tears began to fill his eyes and he checked to see if she was still breathing or if her heart was still beating. He waited patiently as he checked her pulse. Nothing. 

"Y/n,," he breathed, holding her close to him. Tears dropped from his eyes as he began to cry into her neck. "I should've  protected you.. I should've never left your side."

"I'm sorry for breaking the promise."