ᴢᴏᴍʙɪᴇs - ᴋᴀʀɪʏᴀ ᴍᴀsᴀᴋɪ

No one's POV 

TW: MENTION OF BLOOD!

It all happened so fast, Kariya didn't even think about the outcome of this. He was so close to breaking down infront of her, though it wasn't really her. It was like someone else had taken over her body.

Flashback 

"Kariya if you and Hikaru keep singing that stupid song of yours I'm actually gonna explode!" Y/n said, slamming her hands on her desk. Hikaru and Kariya flinched, almost dropping their test tube.

"Sorry!" Hikaru apologised. Kariya kissed his teeth.

"I'm not sorry! Besides, I thought you liked our song!" Kariya said, crossing his arms. 

"Yeah, but hearing it every time we have chemistry is annoying!"

"Well deal with it!" Kariya huffed, continuing to do his work while singing. Hikaru and Y/n looked at each other before shrugging. " Chimu no tame ni mo nare teru ka na? (Is it useful to the team?)" Kariya sung. He continued to sing until everyone heard a loud bang. Kariya had accidentally thrown a mystery chemical and another mystery chemical together and threw it at someone while dancing and singing. Now, that person turned into an unbearably ugly creature.

"K-kariya.. what did you do..?" Y/n uttered, holding onto Kariya's lab coat. She hid behind him and Hikaru in fear of getting hurt by that creature. Their skin was turning purplish-green and their eyes became red. It looked like a zombie to everyone.

"Everyone out of the class, now!" The professor yelled. Unluckily for Y/n, Kariya and Hikaru, their seats were at the back of the classroom, the furthest away from the door. The creature began to destroy the test tubes, leaving chemicals all over the floor. Kariya turned to Y/n and held her hand tightly. He could tell by her breathing that she was scared.

"Just take deep breaths, everything will be fine, okay? Just hold my hand." Kariya assured. Y/n nodded. Almost everyone was out of the classroom but the four of them, including the zombie. There were more zombies outside of the classroom, apparently someone had stepped into the chemical and bit another person.

Hikaru was the first of the four to try and escape, he jumped out of the window, landing foot-first in the ground. Lucky for him, he had good reflexes so it was easy for him to land on the floor. Hikaru yelled from the ground, telling Kariya and Y/n about the other zombies nearby. That meant this whole thing had been spreading quickly.

"That means someone must've stepped in the chemical on their way out.." Kariya mumbled.

Now it was just Y/n and Kariya left. Kariya grabbed an empty test tube and threw it at the zombie. The zombie was hit and that's when the two made a run for it. Kariya opened the door and pulled Y/n and himself out of the classroom. Well, he thought he could pull Y/n out of the classroom, but someone had beat him to it. The zombie grabbed Y/n's arm and threw her back into the classroom.

"Y/n no!" Kariya yelled, but his classmates grabbed him, preventing him from entering the classroom.

"Kariya we have to leave—"

"FUCK YOU LET ME GO!" Kariya tried his best not to cry, he could see the zombie biting the girl's arm and as it was doing so, she was screaming for help. "STOP IT YOU BITCH!"

When the classmates grip on him loosened, Kariya dashed into the classroom, killing the other zombie. He threw the other zombie to the back of the classroom and crouched beside Y/n. Y/n was bleeding a lot and she felt a strange feeling in her head.

"Kariya.." She muttered, sitting up. She held his hand and smiled. "Please run away from here."

"No, shut up! I won't!" Y/n began to cough blood and Kariya stood up, stepping away from her. That's when she turned into it. A zombie.

End of flashback

The girl was now 'dead', tears were forming in Kariya's eyes as he looked at Y/n. He just stared at the girl, as she got closer to him. He knew that if she got really close to him, she'd bite him and he'd become a zombie, and that's exactly what he wanted. To be a zombie with her, he didn't want her to leave her.

"Come here.." He whispered, holding out his arms. Y/n stepped closer and closer to him slowly, holding onto her injured arm. Before she got close enough, someone threw Kariya over their shoulders and ran out of the classroom, as fast as they could.

"W-what the hell!" Kariya yelled, hitting their back. He realised it was the pink-haired guy he had argued with a lot. "Kirino-senpai let me down!"

"Sorry, but I'm not letting you die today, neither are the others!" Kirino said.following behind Kirino was Shindou, Tsurugi and Tenma. "Akane and Kurama were bitten, also Y/n. That's all the information we have now. We've made a plan on how to get them back, but we're not 100% sure it will work."

"This is all my fault.. I'm sorry Y/n. I'll get you back.." Kariya whispered to himself.