sᴜʀᴘʀɪsᴇ - ɪʙᴜᴋɪ ᴍᴜɴᴇᴍᴀsᴀ

No one's POV

Tonight was Y/n and Ibuki's 5 year anniversary. Their relationship was going great, they did fight, but they'd always make up. Y/n was really excited to meet up with Ibuki, that's until he told her that the meet up couldn't happen. He was busy with work and his boss wasn't allowing him to have a day off. For most of the day, Ibuki was at his house, making phone calls. Currently, it's 6pm. Right now, he was at her house, trying to explain everything.

"I'm really sorry Y/n." Ibuki said, hugging Y/n. Y/n smiled and hugged him back.

"It's not your fault," she pulled away from the hug and fixed his tie for him. "you're going to be late for work, I don't want you to be fired."

"Are you sure it's okay?" Ibuki asked.

"Of course, plus I've gotten a call from a Sakura saying that I've got to be at an event tomorrow and they've booked me and Sakura  a hotel room to stay at since it's kind of far from here." Y/n said, smiling softly.

"Make sure to let me know when you get there, okay?" Ibuki said.

"Okay!"

"I love you." He said, kissing her head. Y/n looked at him as he walked out of the door. She sighed and went over to the sofa, flopping onto it.

"Today's gonna be realll lonely." She mumbled.

Meanwhile, Ibuki jumped into Shindou's car, signalling him to drive off.

"What did you tell her?" Shindou asked.

"I have work today. I'm glad she believed it, if she found out I was planning to propose to her today, she'd freak out." Ibuki replied.

"I don't really think she would." Shindou said, hitting the breaks at the red light.

"If someone proposed to you, wouldn't you freak out?"

"I've always thought that I'd be the one to propose to my partner, to be honest." Shindou began to drive again once the light turned green.

"Just answer the question." Ibuki sighed. He turned to look out the window.

"Fine, I wouldn't freak out too much, I'd be really happy, that's all." Shindou finally said.

"Well, you and Y/n are very different. You're obviously going to have different reactions." Ibuki replied. For the rest of the ride to the hotel, they kept arguing about the most stupidest things.

"Shut up! Oh, we're here by the way." Shindou parked the car and got out, Ibuki doing the same. They both shut the door and entered the place. At first, it doesn't look like somewhere someone would propose, but that's how Ibuki wanted it to look when someone walked in. He wanted her not to expect it at all. The hotel room was normal until you walked onto the balcony. It had the most beautiful view he's ever seen, you could see the beach from there. The sunset would also look beautiful from this view too. There were roses on the floor, making a pathway and there was rose petals scattered everywhere. There were also pictures of the two placed all around the balcony. 

"We're also going to light up some candles and put them near the roses, maybe even fairy lights just hung up here." Shindou said, pointing the top of the sliding door.

"Thanks for all you help, man." Ibuki said, shaking hands with Shindou.

"Anytime, I mean you are proposing to someone I've known since junior high, I'd want to be there." Shindou said.

"Who's gonna be here?" Ibuki asked.

"Let's see.. we've got Aoi, who's dragging Tenma along, Midori, Akane, Sakura, since she's the one bringing her here, Kirino and Kariya." Shindou said. "Konoha would've came, but she was busy with things."