ᴄʜɪʟᴅʜᴏᴏᴅ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅ - ɪᴄʜɪɴᴏsᴇ ᴋᴀᴢᴜʏᴀ

No one's POV

"Domon, have you seen Ichinose and Aki?" Y/n asked, looking at her cyan-haired friend. He was rubbing his chin with his hand.

"I think I saw them.. go that way." Domon said, pointing to the right of them. The two children then ran off into that direction, in hope of seeing their other two friends. When they looked around, they had seen Ichinose and Aki talking. Domon grabbed Y/n's hand and began to run over to the duo.

"Guys, why did you run off?!" Domon shouted, running over to them. He stopped running and stood infront of the two, letting go of Y/n's hand.

"Sorry~ we saw a puppy and wanted to pet it!" Aki said, smiling nervously. Y/n smiled and sat beside Ichinose. Ichinose was holding a soccer ball in his hand, staring deeply at it. Y/n looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

"Ichinose.. are you okay" Y/n asked, tilting her head to the side. Ichinose shook his head and smiled at Y/n.

"Yeah, it's just that.. I want to be able to play soccer with everyone forever, especially you." Ichinose said.

"Of course you'll be able to, why wouldn't you?" Y/n brought her knees to her chest and hugged them.

"Y/n, promise me something?" Ichinose asked. The said girl nodded.

"Promise we'll be best friends forever?" The brown-haired boy held out his pinky.

"Promise!!" Y/n wrapped her pinky around his one. They both smiled and looked back at their other two friends.

"Sit beside us!" Y/n pat the spot beside her and Domon and Aki sat down beside eachother. Ali's eyes widened and she pointed at something. Everyone looked at where she had pointed to and their jaws opened slightly.

"Puppy!" Aki said. She was about to get up when suddenly, the puppy ran onto the road. Ichinose frowned but then stood up quickly. A truck was going to hit the small puppy. He knew he had to try save it, as quick as he could. He dropped the ball in his hands and ran onto the road. Aki, Y/n and Domon stared at Ichinose in shock, he was able to reach the dog but.. the truck had hit him.

"ICHINOSE!!!" Everyone began to panic, except Y/n. She sat there in shock, she couldn't move at all. Soon, the paramedics came and took him to hospital. The children sat in the waiting room with their parents, and that's when they found out he was dead.

After they all had found out, they had grown a little distant from each other, not too distant though. Nothing felt the same without Ichinose. They all knew that.

Present time

Your POV

Now, I'm a manager for the Raimon soccer team, it's pretty cool seeing everyone play soccer together, they've won almost every single match so far, excluding their first 'match' with Teikoku Gakuen, but I like the think that their match with them doesn't count. Currently, I'm filling up the water bottles for the team. I carried the water bottles back to the bench and wiped the sweat off of my forehead. 

"Huh.. what's everyone doing over there.." I muttered to myself. Everyone was crowding around something. Before I could walk over to the crowd, a boy ran out from it and hugged Aki. I could see Domon yell something, but then he stopped and his eyes widened. The boy let go of Aki and I read his lips, he said something along the lines of 'I'm home, Aki.'.

I quickly ran over there to get a better look at the boy's face, since he had looked very familiar to me, that's when I realised it was Ichinose. I ran over to him and stood beside Aki, smiling.

"You're alive!" I said, sighing in relief. The brown-haired boy raised an eyebrow at me. He looked confused.

"Ichinose-kun, is something wrong?" Aki asked. Ichinose shook his head. 

"No.. it's just that," Ichinose paused and looked over at me "who are you?"

My eyes widened in fear. Did he have selective amnesia or something? 

"What do you mean?" I asked quietly.

"I'm sorry, I don't know who you are." The brown-haired boy frowned, from the corner of my eye I could see that Aki and Domon were also shocked. I opened my mouth to say something, but I immediately closed it, turning away from Ichinose.

"Never mind, I have to finish filling the rest of the water bottles, bye!" I said, walking quickly to the water bottles. I could hear Aki saying my name but I didn't respond, I grabbed the rest of the bottles and went to the water fountain to fill it up.

"Second last bottle.." I muttered, filling it up.

"I'm sorry, Y/n." A familiar voice said, I didn't need to turn around to realise that it was Domon.

"What for?" My back was turned to him.

"Your own bestfriend doesn't.." Domon stopped talking and I could hear him breathing heavily. I turned around and smiled.

"It's fine, as long as he's doing okay, everything will be fine. I'll be his friend again, relive our childhood together, I'm just glad he's okay." I said, smiling.

"Y/n, you're crying." Domon said calmly. I was in fact crying, he was right. My best friend doesn't remember me, which is really sad.

"I shouldn't be crying.." i mumbled, but I couldn't stop my tears from escaping my eyes. Domon stood beside me and rubbed my back, telling me everything would be okay, that eventually my best friend would remember me.

I wiped my tears away and began to smile again. "How about we go back to the field, okay?" Domon nodded and we both ran off.