ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ sᴏ ʟᴏɴɢ... ᴍᴀᴛsᴜᴋᴀᴢᴇ ᴛᴇɴᴍᴀ

Requested one-shot (sorry I still can't figure out how to tag ppl!)

No one's POV

After so long, he had finally gotten to see everyone again. The brunette smiled at the sight of everyone hugging each other. It had been 8 years since the whole soccer team had met up like this. Everyone had spilt up into groups, due to everyone leaving Raimon to go to high school. Ever since then, they tried to get everyone together, but nothing worked. Someone always had to be busy. Now everyone are adults, between the ages 21-23. Everyone had also gotten jobs, for example, Tenma and Tsurugi work for the same soccer organisation, helping younger kids learn how to play soccer. Aoi also helps them out every now and then. Tenma had the chance to talk to everyone, everyone but one girl. She was a manager, and occasionally, she'd play for the team when they were all time travelling to save soccer. He had to admit, she was a good player, maybe even as good as he was

"Tenma!" A familiar voice called out to him. One he hadn't heard in ages. He turned to face the girl running at him with her arms open. He held his arms open to engulf her in a hug. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he wrapped his arms around her waist, holding her close. Tenma had been waiting patiently for the moment to hug her again. "I missed you!" She said.

"I missed you too." He said quietly. She removed her arms from around his neck and Tenma moved his hands away. "How've you been?"

"I've been fine, I guess. I can't lie, being an adult is hard." Y/n said, giving a close eyed smile to Tenma. "What about you?" 

"I'm doing good, maybe even better now that I've got to see you again." Tenma said, causing Y/n to blush a little.

"What have you been up to lately? I've seen what you've posted on social media and it seems like you're having really fun!" Y/n said. Tenma nodded.

"It is, teaching kids soccer is so fun!" Tenma agreed. "How's your job as an author going? You're books have been quite successful lately." The boy mentioned.

"It's gone great, though lately I've lacked quite a lot of motivation." Y/n sighed. "It's okay though, I'll find something to write about." Tenma hummed in response. They could heard someone yelling from afar and they both decided turned their heads to see an angry Kirino, who was grabbing onto Hikaru's bag. Hikaru was hanging off the edge of the hill, about to fall into the riverbank below them.

"One fucking day without Kariya doing something stupid would be great!" He yelled, struggling to pull Hikaru up. The purple-haired boy was screaming for his dear life. Meanwhile, the culprit was laughing his ass off in the back.

"Shit, what happened this time.." Tenma muttered. The duo went over to help Kirino pull Hikaru up and sighed. Grabbing onto his bag instead of his arm was one of the worst ideas possible. Kirino then forced Kariya to apologise for his childish behaviour. Even after not seeing each other for 8 years, they still act the same as they did in junior high. Whilst Y/n was talking to the purple haired boy, asking what had happened, Kirino decided to talk to Tenma. He turned to Tenma and apologised.

 "Sorry for ruining the moment." He mumbled. Tenma raised his eyebrow.

"Moment?" He repeated. Kirino nodded.

"What? Weren't you going to confess to y/—" The pink haired boy was interrupted by Tenma, who put a hand over his mouth. Kirino got the idea and removed the brunettes hand from his mouth. "Sorry~"

"It's okay, also I wasn't confessing." Tenma admitted. Kirino made an 'o' shape with his mouth and mumbled 'good luck' before walking off the Shindou. That's when it hit the brunette. He was meant to confess to Y/n today. In fact, he was meant to confess to her right before they left junior high, but he was too scared to. Now he's a grown adult, so he shouldn't be too scared, right? 

A couple hours into the whole soccer team meet up, everyone decided to head to the park. There were many cherry blossom trees there, it reminded them of the times when they used to hang out in the park and have water fights right by them. Usually, the managers would start it and then it would result in a whole group water fight. The brunette sat beside his childhood crush, trying to find a way to confess to her. He bit the inside of his cheek, trying to think as hard as he could. The girl beside him noticed this and decided to speak up about it.

"Are you okay?" She asked quietly. The boy turned his head to the side and looked slightly down at the girl. He then nodded eagerly. "You're lying, aren't you?" Y/n leaned back onto the back of the bench. 

"No.." Tenma trailed off. "I just really need to say something to you." He played with his hair as he felt his heart beating faster and faster.

"Mm, what is it?" The girl asked curiously, putting all her attention on Tenma. He gulped and smiled slightly.

"Well you see I kind of.." Tenma's face grew red. He felt the same shyness he felt the first time he had tried to confess to her. His palms were getting sweaty and his heart felt like it was going to jump out of his chest any moment soon. "I like you. Not like you as a friend, but I want you to be my partner." And for a second, it felt like time had froze. It was the longest second of his life. He looked at the fond look the girl was giving him. He couldn't tell if she was just making that face because she felt bad, or because she genuinely liked him too.

"Really?" She asked, sitting up straight and fixing her posture.

"Yeah.." Tenma said, rubbing his forehead. "Sorry, I didn't mean to tell you out of nowhere." He apologised, but the girl only shook her head.

"Don't be, I like you too." She said calmly. Tenma began to blush and yelled out the word 'what', earning lots of stares from the people around them, and from their old teammates. Though, they decided not to interfere with the loving moment.

"Y-you do?" He stuttered accidentally. The girl nodded. "For how long?"

"Since junior—"

"Junior high?!" Tenma screeched, covering his mouth with his hand. In his head he was thinking about the amount of missed opportunity's he had to get with her.

"What?" The girl questioned. "Is that a bad thing?" 

"No~" Tenma's voice cracked as he clenched his fists. "Justalittlebitmadthatineverknewaboutthis." 

Y/n stared at him with a confused look, but shrugged her shoulders. She then smiled. "So are we a..?"

"Are we a..?" Tenma repeated. Then he got the hint and nodded. "If you don't mind being my girlfriend, of course." He said. 

"I would love that." She replied. Then slowly, and slowly, they leaned in towards each other, ready to kiss. Once their lips met, everything felt just right. 

After so long.. he had finally gotten to kiss her.

—————————————————

Hey!! This was a requested one-shot, for some reason I feel like this was rushed even though I had spent three days on it 😭😭 hope u enjoyed it though!