ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ - ᴋᴀɢᴇʏᴀᴍᴀ Hɪᴋᴀʀᴜ

No one's POV

It was raining heavily and Hikaru was sitting by himself on the swings. He pushed himself forwards and backwards, his fingers wrapped around the metal, rusty chains of the swings. He was looking down at his shoes and had a huge noticeable frown on his face. He had a bad day at school, he was loosing all of his friends slowly. No one seemed to trust him anymore since all he did was agree with what everyone else would say. He only did this because he didn't want to make anyone sad though.

He continued to push himself of the swings, his hood fell off but he didn't bother putting it back on. Without even noticing, the rain had stopped falling onto his head. He looked up and noticed an umbrella on top of his head. There was a h/c haired girl holding it while sitting on the other swing. Hikaru smiled and the girl smiled back.

"Are you okay?" She asked in a soft tone. Hikaru nodded. "You don't need to lie, I saw you frowning earlier, that's why I came to ask what's wrong." The girl handed him the umbrella which he accepted. He held it over his head with a confused expression.

"Why would you want to talk to me?" He said in a quiet voice, averting his gaze from her. The girl simply sighed and began to push herself forwards and backwards slowly on the swing.

"I've noticed you look a little bit pressured at school, you're always agreeing with everyone even if you know they're wrong." The girl explained. She could feel the raindrops hitting her hair, but she didn't mind. She just wanted to know why the purple-haired boy was upset. She could hear him sigh and turned her head to face him. That's when he began to vent to her. He vented about how much he wanted to cry after everything that had happened, after how all his friends wanted to leave him because he always agreed with them. He cried because he just wanted an actual friend he could talk to. The girl pat him on the back as he cried out, hushing him and slightly hugging him too.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't be crying to a stranger, that's rude of me." Hikaru sniffled, wiping his  remaining tears away. "What's your name?" He asked. The girl chuckled.

"I'm in your class, stupid." She said. "But, I'll introduce myself once again. Im L/n Y/n, nice to meet you." The girl held out her hand for him to shake. Hikaru looked at it hesitantly but shook it afterwards.

"Im Kageyama Hikaru, nice to meet you too." He said, smiling at the girl. He then realised the girl was drenched. "Oh, I'm sorry! Here, have your umbrella back." The boy tried to give the umbrella back to the girl beside him, but she didn't accept it. 

"No, it's fine. You keep it." She said, waving her hand infront of her chest. "My house isn't too far from here, and the rain doesn't really bother me."

The two began to talk for a little bit more before Y/n had to leave to head home. Before she left, Hikaru grabbed the sleeve of her shirt. She turned around and raised a brow at him, wondering why he did that.

"Hm?" She hummed. 

"Thank you, Y/n." He said softly, before letting go of her sleeve.

—————————————————

Hey guys!! Sorry for not uploading one-shots that often, busy with school and stuff. Plus, like I said in my last a/n, I might be starting a new book. I'm writing a couple of chapters for the book first and reading it before actually publishing the book because I want to make sure I'm satisfied with the outcome. This may take abt two weeks to a month tho since I'm rlly busy now. Anyways, I hoped you enjoyed this short one-shot, have a nice day!! <33