Chapter 76: Regards

{3rd person POV}

Oikawa let out a loud gasp as he shot his eye open.

He pants heavily before he started to scan his surroundings.

He slowly sits up at the unfamiliar place.

"W-What?... W-Where?..." he muttered as he narrowed his eyes at his surroundings.

He gulps and wipe his sweat off.

He decided to take a deep breath and eventually manage to calm himself.

He looked down and saw his left hand were wearing IV Drip with a little name tag secured around his wrist.

'Ah... I'm in the hospital...' he thought.

Suddenly, a gentle voice spoke up.

"Tooru? Sweetie? Hey, is something wrong?..." Irina asked.

Oikawa was startled by it but calm down afterwards.

"I-Irina-san... I-I thought you were asleep?.."

"I was until I heard you gasp out loud... You know how worried I get when any of you had a nightmare... See? You even sweat alot... Here, let me wipe it off..." Irina insisted and grab a towel on the table near his bed.

Oikawa just let her as he lean into her touch.

"There we go..." She exclaim.

"Thank you..." Oikawa thanked her and remembered something.

"U-Um... I-Irina-san.."

"Hm? What is it, hun?"

Oikawa hesistate and bit his bottom lip.

"Does... Does (N/N)-Chan know about my current state?..." he asked, hands gripping on the covers.

Irina was caught off guard by his question.

"Well... I did tell her to drop by for a visit but she immediately hang up on me..." She reply.

"O-Oh... She must hate me that much huh?... It's alright... It's not her fault... She has the right to hate me..." Oikawa exclaim, tears started to flood his eyes.

Irina gasped at his statement and immediately pull him into a hug.

"Hey, hey... It's not your fault either, sweetie! You weren't being yourself when this crisis happened! Don't blame yourself, honey! (F/N) just need some more time okay? Don't overthink anything... I know deep inside, she still loves you..." Irina comforted as Oikawa cries in her hold.

"What faith do I h-have in her, Irina-san?... She hates me... I-I don't think she's gonna forgive me after w-what my satan self did to her... It's all m-my fault..."

Irina just keept quiet and tighten her hug.

"Hey... Tooru... Have you know who caused this to happened at the first place?..." Irina asked.

Oikawa hiccups and look up at her.

"W-Who?.."

"The criminal was called Kira Reena..."

"Reena?... Y-You mean... the girl who had white medium legth hair? W-Who worked at (N-N/N)-Chan's company? T-The one I've thought my f-friend this whole time?.."

"I'm afraid... That is her... After what Tadaomi investigating her... He found out that she started to get obsess over you when you help her picking up her bag on the sidewalk..." Irina exclaim.

Oikawa frowns slightly then gasped when realization hits him.

'Oh... That time...' he thought, recalling the scene.