Stuck.

YOU GOT THAT _____ ______ LOOK IN YOUR EYES

Recap: Cass & Alex head back home because of Sophie (Alex's younger sister accident) and bond a little. I honestly don't know what else to say for a recap so maybe just read the last chapter again? I know I suck with these speedy updates, I'm very sorry :(

__________________________________________________________________

Alex and I spend the next few days in our separate homes until Sophie was released from the hospital.

We were headed back to camp this morning for the last two weeks, thankfully. Alex honking his horn outside brought me out of my thoughts and I grabbed my bag, jogging outside.

I dumped my stuff in the backseat and slid into the passenger seat. "Hey, CC," Alex grins.

It's strange to think that on the way back to town he was mess.

"Good morning," I chirp, slipping on my seat belt.

Okay, Cass, you got this. Two more weeks, one more car ride and then Alex is out of your life for good.

This thought was supposed to comfort me, but all it did was twist my stomach even more.

"So," Alex says, breaking the silence after driving for a couple minutes.

"So," I say back.

"So," Alex says, but now with a hint of amusement in his voice.

"So," I press my lips together to keep from giggling.

"Maybe so will be our always," Alex finally mumbles, and I smack his arm.

"No more fault in our stars references!" I scold. "God, you cried so much when we saw it."

"Hey!" Alex's eyes grow wide and he glances at me. "Gus just wanted to be remembered and Haz-"

"And Hazel knew that being loved was good enough, I know, Alex," I roll my eyes at Alex's explanation.

"Do you know, Cass?" Alex squints at me, and just like that, we're not talking about Hazel and Augustus. "Being loved is one of the best things ever, and Hazel knew that."

I shift in my seat, not liking where this was going.

"Being loved means that someone puts your needs before their own. Being loved means that person will do anything for you. Being loved means that person will never give up on you and always believe in you. Being love-" Alex says quietly, but I interupt him.

"Being loved means letting the person be free. Being loved means doing whats best for each other, not what you want. Being loved means making sure that the other person will be happy-maybe not now, in the long-run," I finally say, staring out of the window.

We sit in the silence, letting our thoughts fill the void.

*******************************************************************************

We finally arrive back at camp and after greeting everyone, I talk to Aunt Kathy.

"Hey! Hows Sophie?" Aunt Kathy grins, giving me a quick hug.

"Doing better, she's back at home," I nod, smiling.

"Thats good, honey. Now, would you mind just grabbing these supplies for The Fire in the afternoon?" She hands me a list and I roll my eyes. A gust of wind blows past us and I pull my hair away from my face.