Confusion.

CAUSE DARLING IM A _______ DRESSED LIKE A ______. 

BTW FOR READERS WHO R CONFUSED: Jacob is a boy Cass meets in town after finding out Taylor loves her. Refer to chapter called The Truth for more details. :) 

And ADDITIONAL REMINDER: THE FIRE IS THE COMPETITION THAT PITS THE HOUSES AGAINST EACH OTHER. LOOK BACK AT THE 

Recap: Things are awko with Taylor, Cass bumps into Jacob, and has a little flirty/fighty conversation with Alex ;) 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Alex Waters made me want to punch a wall. 

And myself for letting him go. 

It's too early for these thoughts, Cass! And it was for the better. 

Then how come I'm still hurting? 

It'll get better. You can't expect to get over a boy so soon! You did love him. 

Ugh, why did he have to come back? 

He's here and there is nothing you can do about it! So just deal with it! 

I angrily shove some pasta into my mouth, sending an angry glare at Alex, who was chatting with Mark. 

"Woah, what did that penne ever do to you?" 

I glance up to see Jacob sit next to me, placing a plate down on the table. 

"Alex Waters infuriates me." 

Jacob bats his long eyelashes at me, grinning. "Please. Spill all the deets, girlie," his eye drops down into a wink. 

Taking a deep breath of air, I plunge into the story. 

*******************************************************************************************************************

"I mean, what you told me way back when was much more complicated than this, but this is still-just, wow," Jacob sighs, leaning his head on his hand. "I guess you took my independent woman advice." 

"I mean, I'm trying. But I'm gonna have to tell Taylor that I don't have those kind of feelings for him at some point, right?" I run a hand through my hair. 

Jacob looks over at Taylor and Alex sitting at the table, eating. "Honey, girls would kill to have two attractive guys pining for them." 

"Puh-leez, everyone has their issues and crap and Alex and Taylor are no different," I state, crossing my arms and leaning back. 

"It would just be easy for you to tell Taylor what's on your mind. And just don't give into Alex." 

"But it's so hard!" I whine, scrunching up my face. 

"Which one?" 

"Both!" I groan, causing Jacob to laugh. 

"Listen, I know this is gonna sound cheesy and shit, but Cassandra, follow your fucking heart," Jacob places his hands on my shoulder, giving me a 100% serious look. 

"My heart is what got me into this mess," I sigh, leaning my head on my hand. 

"Maybe it can get you out, too." 

****************************************************************************************************************

This was possibly the longest day of my life.