One Year.

QOTD: What would you guys do if you saw me in public and you knew it was me? :) 

__________________________________________________________________________________

Yawning, I stretched as I got of bed, looking around as I saw the girls getting ready. Sighing, I also got dressed and headed over to breakfast, a smile on my face as I remembered the previous day. I began to eat and Alex and the rest of the counsler's soon joined me. All of us started talking about our schools and just other random stuff, but the moment I placed my empty plate on the counter to be cleaned, Alex pulled me outside. 

"Alex? Don't you have kitchen duty?" I asked puzzled as he dragged me to a trail. 

"I spoke to Aunt Kathy. She let me off today," he said with a smirk and wink. 

"Why?" 

Alex's grin just grew bigger. "Come on, hurry up." 

Muttering to myself, I followed Alex up the hiking trail. About ten minutes of complete silence, I grew frustrated. 

"Alex! Where the hell are we going? We sort of have to go back!" I exclaimed, utterly confused. Where was Alex taking me? Why did Aunt Kathy let him off of kitchen duty? I stopped in my tracks, arms crossed, and foot tapping as I waited for Alex to explain himself. 

Alex groaned, also stopping to face me. "Don't worry about it! Taylor can handle it! You trust me, right?"  Alex smiled at me, extending a hand and giving me that look.

The I'm-incredibly-adorable-and-cute-so-marry-me look. 

Rolling my eyes, I reluctantly took his hand. "Yeah, I trust you," I sighed, and Alex pulled me in and gave me peck on the cheek. 

"Great, now come on, we're almost there," he began walking again. 

"Almost whe-" I abruptly stopped as I took in the scene in front of me. We had come to a clearing where a blanket was spread out. As we neared, I noticed a beat up journal and guitar lying on it. "Is that...?" I trailed off, pointing to the book. 

"The song book?" Alex mumbled. "Yeah." 

My heart skipped a beat as Alex led me to the blanket and we both sat down. I hugged my knees to my chest, trying to get my heart rate under check. 

"So." I said after a moment. 

"So." Alex responded, not looking me directly in the eyes. He slowly stood up and began to walk around in front of me. I kept my eyes fixed on him, noticing how a muscle in his jaw twitched, he fiddled with fingers and the creases on his forehead. 

"Um? Alex? Do you want sit down and talk? Cause you're making me dizzy," I awkwardly chuckled, scratching the back of my neck. 

"God, this is harder than I thought it would be," he muttered, rubbing his forehead, as if trying to get rid of a headache. 

As he said those words, my heart seized up in my throat. 

Those were the exact words Trevor said before he ended our relationship. 

God no. 

I stood up, arms at my side. Despite the hot sun beating down on us, I was cold to the bone. 

"A-Alex? You're n-not breaking u-up with me?" I stuttered, my voice barely audible. This caused Alex to whip his head towards me. His expression was unreadable, which I took for a yes. "Oh my god! Y-you..." I trailed off, raising a shaky finger at him. 

A million questions ran through my head, but the one stood was why? 

Why now?