Scared.

Dedicated to baracknotobama for being SUCH an amazing fan and reader! Love you!  

Recap: Cass gets drunk on a girls night out, winds up in jail with Alex and Taylor so Aunt Kathy sends them all home for a couple days, about a week, and Cass has just arrived at Kate's house. 

__________________________________________________________________________________

"He-OH MY GOSH CASS!" 

I'm quickly engulfed in a bonecrushing hug by none other than Kate herself. 

"Hi, Kate," I mange to gasp out, gently patting her on the back. "I can't breathe..." 

"Oh, sorry about that!" She winces, peeling herself from me. "Come in!" She grabs my bag and drags me into the house. "Wait. Why are you home?" 

With a sigh, I sit down on the couch. "It's a lonnngggg story." 

"I have all the time in the world, dear." She scretches out in front of me, all her attention on me. 

With a large breath, I begin to tell her everything she missed since we last talked. 

**********************************************************************************************************************

"Oh, let it out, let it out," Kate rubs my back as I sob into her shoulder, my body shaking. 

Yes, I was crying for the hundredth time. 

Don't judge me! 

"But you gotta admit, you ending up in jail is pret-" 

With one sharp glare from me, she quickly shut up. 

"So where's Alex?" 

I slowly sit up, my sobs now reduced to hiccups. "I don't know, maybe at home?" 

"Listen to me, Cass. There's many options and explanations for Alex's behavior. He could possibly love you. Maybe he's just not brave enough to say it yet. It is a rather big deal, expessically since you're probably his first serious girlfriend. Have you ever given him the chance to explain himself?" Kate cocks her head at me. 

My silence is enough for her to understand. She sighs, shoulder's slumping. "Honey, even if he doesn't... you know... then he doesn't deserve you or your love. Some relationships are meant to last forever, others only temporary. But you have to promise me something. When you head back to camp, talk to him at least. Find closure. I'm asking you to do this at camp so you can't run away. Promise?" She holds up her pinky. 

I stare at her, only seeing compassion and understanding in her eyes. I finally sigh, giving in. "Alright, alright. I'll find closure and shit. Happy?" 

"Very," she grins and I can't help but laugh. 

Good ole' Kate. 

"Now tell me all about what I've missed!" I say, wiping my face. 

"Okay, well Ben is the same. But Marcus on the other," she wiggles her eyebrows. "He's dating someone." 

"Oh! Who?" 

"She's from a town over I think. Her name is Gwen." 

Gwen... Gwen... Why does that name sound so familiar?

"OH MY JESUS SHE'S TREVOR'S GWEN!" I shout, the memory suddenly slamming into me. "Are you sure she's really his girlfriend?" I stand up, looking down at Kate. 

"Uh... yes?" Her eyebrows are drawn together, confused. 

"Remember? Trevor's fake girlfriend?" I wait for her to catch on.