The Date, 2.0.

IT'S MY RIGHT TO BE ______ I STILL GET ________ 

recap: Jacob gives Cass some advice, Taylor is pissed off at Cass for being selfish, and Cass is led into Alex's trap of "their blind date?!" 

GASP 

okay loveys read on <3

WAIT WAIT WARNING THIS SCENE IS THE MOST GRAPHIC SCENE I HAVE WRITTEN. READERS UNDER THE AGE OF 14 NOT ADVISED. PLEASE. OKAY. OKAY. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

"It's our blind date, Cassandra," he winks. "Remember?" 

No, one of the most important nights of my life when I met the boy I fell in love with just slipped my memory. 

"No shit I remember," I spit, surprising even myself with how sharp it sounded. 

Alex's boyish grin only widens. "I knew you would say that. This is when I arrived fashionably late-as always," he takes a step closer as I cross my arms. "I believe I said something along the lines of a few minutes late, so what?" 

"It was 'A few minutes here, a few minutes there, what's the matter' actually," I mutter, staring at the ground. 

What are you even still doing here, Cass? GO! MOVE! 

RESIST! 

Yet, my feet were glued to the ground and refused to just walk away. 

"Ah, that was it. Anyway, let's go," he offered his hand to me while I just gaped at him. 

"Are- are you serious right now?" I managed to get out. 

Alex blinked. "Yes?" 

"I told Alex- I told you that I don't want to be-" 

"I know what you said, CC. Just, please, just take my hand and come with me. Let me do this," he said softly, giving me a look that made my heart skip a beat. 

Maybe it was my heart my being stupid. 

Maybe it was my lack of judgement. 

For some crazy reason, I took Alex's arm. 

We entered the old cabin and Alex pulled out a chair for me, grinning, "Just because I screwed up the first time doesn't mean I have to mess up this time." 

Heart pounding, I sat down. Why was I putting myself through this torture? Stay strong. 

Alex sat down across from me with this huge grin on his face. 

"Unfortunately, there are no other girls here to hit on, so it's all about you, babe." 

"Don't." I manage to get out. I just wanted to kiss him God, how badly I wanted to kiss him. 

"Don't what?" 

"Don't say babe. I thought I made it perfectly clear that this," I gesture between us, "can never work out. We're just too different." 

Alex leaned back in his sit, crossing his arms. "Then what are you still doing here?" 

I shook my head. "I honestly have no idea." 

We stared at each other for a moment, tension thickening, before he clapped his hands. "Alright! Our meal this fine morning will consist of eggs, waffles, bacon and delightful coffee." He went to a little table on the other side of the cabin and took the dishes to our table. 

I moved some eggs around my plate, not really interested in eating.

It's funny how I would kill to go back the actual date and do it all over again. Maybe we could have made it then.