Alone.

HIT IT FERGIE

Recap: Taylor kisses Juliet after telling Cass he doesn't like her, asks her out on another date, confusing Cass. Alex and Cass' relationship progresses and she thinks she loves him. 

___________________________________________________________________________________

I continue jogging to see where Taylor went, needing to get some straight answers out of him. I finally see him sitting on the ground, leaning against an tree, head hung. 

"Taylor?" I softly call. 

"Just go away," he grunts. 

"I'm not going away. Not until I get some answers." I insist, standing above him. 

"Haven't I told you enough? You, with your constant pestering and nagging, it's a wonder Alex can deal with you!" He hisses, dark eyes flashing with anger as he looks up at me. 

Ouch. Okay, that hurt. 

"You once said to me that I push people away, but you're doing that right now,"I jab a finger at him and his eyebrows furrow as he stands up, taking a couple steps away. 

"You just need to leave me alone, Cass. Just let me live my own life, okay?" Taylor growls, but I move closer to him. 

"Stop pushing me away, Taylor! I'm here for you! You don't need to be alone!" I plead. Why can't Taylor trust me and confide in me? 

"Just go." Taylor levels again, and I can tell he's doing his best to conceal his anger. 

"No. I'm not leaving." I repeat, crossing my arms. 

And then Taylor explodes. 

"Just go!" He screams. "Why can't you just leave? They all leave me in the end-so just go! Everyone goes!" 

His face crumbles and he turns around so I won't see his pain. 

But I did. 

And I have no idea what to do. 

What do you say to someone who has experienced losing someone so many times? Who doesn't know how to trust? 

What do you say to someone who's broken? 

Taylor sits down, head in his hands. Slowly, I take a seat behind him, wrapping my arms around him, chin resting on his head. 

"Why do they always go, Cass?" He murmurs, and I can feel the wetness of his tears. 

"I don't know," I softly reply. (gif on the right ----->).  

"Why haven't you left? 

"Because I care." 

"Caring gets you hurt. Loving leaves a scar. So, leave, don't get hurt." 

Slowly stroking his hair, I say the only thing I know will calm him down. 

"I'm never going to leave you." 

"Promise?" 

"Promise." 

We stay like that for god knows how long, until I finally get up, and extend my hand for him. He grabs it and pulls himself up. 

He gives me a small, almost shy smile. "Thank you." 

"For what?" I ask, confused. 

With a slight shake of his head, he says, "for being you." 

***********************************************************************************************************************

Back at camp, Taylor and I depart from each other, not saying a word. I wish there was something I could do to fix him.