Girl's Night Out... or Not?

DANCING IN THE MIRROR

Recap: Cass is hurt by Alex, confused by Taylor cause he told her he loves her, and doesn't know what to do. She also wants to investigate what Taylor meant by 'reason to live.' (I suck so bad at these recaps, it's unreal xD) 

I love hearing from you guys, so private message me, message, or email me at justanotherwriter42@gmail.com! Other social media in bio. <3

___________________________________________________________________________________

I wake up in the morning, and for one blissful moment, I think that everything is perfect. That I'm still with Alex. That Taylor and I are just platonic friends. 

And then I remember everything and it hits me in the gut. 

Blearily, I swing my legs over the side of the bed and rub my eyes as I look around. The kids were bustling around, getting dressed for The Fire today. Still half asleep, I also change into black clothes and enter the small bathroom, locking the door and leaning on the sink for support. 

And I look at myself in the mirror. 

To put it bluntly, I look like crap. I have dark circles under my eyes from not getting sleep, my hair is all over the place due to my lack of care, and my skin is pale and dry. I lift the corners of my mouth up to mimic a smile, but it comes out all wrong and it looks more like I'm baring my teeth. Sighing, I clean up, getting ready for the definitely sucky day ahead. 

Come on, Cass, man up. Only a little bit more left. Then you can go home to Kate and cry your eyes out and watch The Notebook ove- The Notebook is Alex's favorite chick flick. Stop thinking about him! Stupid, stupid, stupid... 

Mentally cursing at myself, I lead the girls to the mess hall and scan the counslor's table as I wait in line for food. Alex was stirring some eggs around on his plate, while Mark talked to him. Taylor and Chase were in a deep conversation, and the moment Taylor caught my gaze, I looked away, blushing. Belle, Kelly, and Juliet were all laughing and grinning at something. I decide to sit with them and plop down next to Belle. 

"What's up guys?" 

"We were just thinking about having a girls night out tonight!" Kelly excitedly grins. 

I groan, leaning on my hand. "More sneaking out? Don't you guys want to do something a little more... original?" 

Kelly blinks, a sad smile appearing. "Well, what else would you suggest?" 

"I-I-I'm sorry, guys. I'm being such a female dog right now. A girls night out does sound like fun," I smile at them and Kelly's grin reappears. 

"Yay!" Juliet cheers and Belle giggles, clapping her hands. 

After breakfast, all the cabins meet by the bonfire. 

"Yo, Cass, heads!" Aunt Kathy calls and I turn my head just to time to see her throw something. I catch it and discover that it's eyeblack. 

"Okay, kids! Get in line!" I shout and they obey, forming a muddy line. I apply two lines on everyone's cheeks, crouching on my calves. But when the last person steps forward, I'm staring at a pair of legs, not a grinning face. I slowly turn my head upwards to see Taylor. Taking a deep breath, I stand up. Still sucking in that breath, I swipe two quick lines and go to turn around, but Taylor grabs my wrist stopping me. 

"Cass, you can't ignore me forever," he says sternly, eyebrows furrowed. I gulp. 

"I-I know. And I- COMING AUNT KATHY!" I shout over my shoulder and then run away behind a cabin, catching my breath.