The Truth.

FILL IN THE BLANK: TURN DOWN FOR ________. 

Recap: Cass tells Alex she loves him, he doesn't say it back, The Fire is beginning and Cass confronts Taylor about his feelings for her. 

WARNING: THE VAMPIRE DIARIES SPOILERS ARE IN THIS CHAPTER. CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN RISK. 

___________________________________________________________________________________

"Do you like me?" 

There's an awkward pause between us, and then Taylor rolls his eyes. 

"Of course. As a friend," he scoffs. "Now, if you excuse me, I have things to do," he goes to move past me, but I grab his arm. 

"No, I mean as more than a friend. You kissed me, Taylor," I hiss, my heart pounding. 

He turns to me, and squeezes his eyes shut. "Follow me," he demands grabbing my hand. 

"But the kid-" 

"They'll be fine," he simply states with his poker face. 

He leads me away from the kids, and to a path next to the woods that I've never noticed before. 

It leads to the most beautiful place I've ever seen. Flowers are literally everywhere and there's a giant tree in the middle. We go over to it and Taylor swings himself up on to the lowest branch. "Come on," he offers a hand. 

"I'm-I'm good," I scrunch up my nose, taking a step back. 

"Come on, I won't let anything happen to you," he says with a grin. 

This causes my heart to skip a beat. 

Wait. 

WHAT? 

No, heart! Bad, heart! You're only supposed to skip a beat for Alex! 

Shaking my head at these thoughts, I grab Taylor's outstretched hand and he pulls me up, so we're both perched on the branch, the gorgeous scenery displayed in front of us. 

"So," I whisper. "Now will you answer my question?" 

Taylor tears his eyes away from the view to look at me, and all of sudden, he lets down his walls and I can see him. I can see him hurting. 

"Yes." 

I cock my head in confusion. "Yes to liking me, or yes to answering the question?" 

One corner of his mouth tilts upwards. "I think you know." 

Taylor. Has. Feelings. For. Me. 

"Listen, Taylor-" 

"No." He cuts me off, shaking his head. "You're not allowed to finish that thought." 

"Um, why?" He was making no sense. 

"Because whenever someone says 'Listen, Taylor' I end up hurt. And I'm done with being hurt. So, just hear me out, Cass," he pleads. 

I just nod. 

"I'm always second in everyone's lives. There's also someone else or something else that people I know put before me. But you, you're different. You treat everyone with the same love, care, and compassion. And I don't deserve that. I don't deserve you. Alex doesn't either. But you love him, Cass." He pauses, squeezing his eyes shut. 

"But, Cass," his voice cracks on my name, "I love you." 

WOAH OKAY TOO MUCH TOO MUCH WAIT WHAT I'M CONFUSED WHATS GOING ON GOD