A New Turn of Events.

CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORY: THE CRAZY DAYS OF JULIET WELLINGTON! 

This chapter is dedicated to @spunky727 because she is an amazing friend who helps me through EVERYTHING and an EXTREMELY talented writer! Check her out! 

AND PLEASE READ THE A/N AT THE END OF THE STORY FOR A VERY IMPORTANT THOUGHT THINGAMAJIG.

Recap: Taylor, Cass, and Alex get in trouble for the pranking wars. Alex gets pissed at Cass for being immature and stuff and Taylor and Cass have a moment. 

___________________________________________________________________________________

I barely get any sleep that night, tossing and turning. After Taylor leaves, I went back to my tent, where Belle immediately interrogated me, but I told her that I was tired. 

My thoughts kept me up that night, just engulfing and drowning me. 

'My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations,' I think of one of my favorite books, The Fault in Our Stars. 

Frustrated that I wasn't finding sleep, I get up before anyone else and check the time. It was about 6:30. Sighing, I get dressed quietly as to not disturb Belle and go outside, needing to clear my head. I venture into the forest and find a clearing. 

I sit down, leaning against a tree, and take a deep breath of the crisp morning air. 

Taylor, Taylor, Taylor. 

Last night, I saw a whole new side to me. I saw a nice side to him. Not the snarky, rude, annoying attitude I'm usually accustomed too. He was kind, caring, sympathetic. 

Alex, Alex, Alex. 

I also saw a whole new side to Alex as well. The side that reminded me he was human after all. 

I just had question for him. 

What happened to never growing up?

Frustrated, confused and upset, I leaned my head against the tree and closed my eyes, listening to the birds. 

It dawned on me this was the first time I was truly alone in a long time. Usually, I was with someone-Kate, Alex, or now the kids. 

Kate. If only she was here. She would tell me what to do. Maybe I could get a ride into town for service and call her then. 

I wonder about Alex and how it was almost as if a switch went off in him last night. He was supposed to be my rock. Supposed to always be there for him. 

Guess I don't know him as well as I thought I did. 

***********************************************************************************************************************

I go back to camp when I hear people talking. As I approach, I see Belle and Taylor in a heated debated, with some kids milling about. 

Belle is making wild hand gestures, while Taylor is scowling and shaking his head furiously. I jog over, and Taylor's eyes widen when he notices me. Belle turns around, following his gaze and gives me a slight smile. 

"Where were you?" She questions. 

I jerk my thumb to the forest. "Getting some fresh air, clearing my head." 

"There's fresh air everywhere. We're in the freaking mountains," she rolls her eyes sarcastically. 

"Hey, Taylor," I nod to him. 

"Cass," he nods back, hands shoved in his pockets. 

Belle frowns at the two of us, looking at me, then Taylor and then back again at me.