Epiphanies.

BUT FIRST, LET ME TAKE A- *snaps neck*

NO. 

Thank you: xTheFaultInOurStars for the lovely new cover. <3

Recap: Taylor, Juliet, Cass, and Alex go on a double date, Taylor kisses Juliet and then tells Cass that he doesn't like her. Taylor and Cass also share a moment skipping rocks. 

___________________________________________________________________________________

I roll over, then land on the hard ground with a smack. 

"Ugh," I moan, rubbing my head. After the bonfire last night, I stayed up, staring at the wooden bottom of the bed above, trying to figure out what to do about Taylor. 

How do I slap some sense into the boy? 

Oh, actually slapping him sounds like a good idea! 

No, Cass, violence is never the answer!

Okay, maybe it's sometimes the answer. 

No, never! 

Shaking my head at these early morning thoughts, I untwisted my legs from my tangled sheets and stood up, using my bed as support. I have got to not turn so much in my sleep! 

Sighing, I wake up the girls and get dressed for the day. A moment after I herd the girls out of the cabins, I see Taylor leading his group. I jog over to him, making sure the girls are okay. 

"Listen-" I start, but I'm cut off. 

"If you're going to give me some big 'don't play with people's feelings speech' I don't want to hear it," he sighs, running a hand through his hair. 

I glare at him. "I wasn't going to do that." 

"Oh really?" An amused smile tugs at Taylor's lips. "Then what were you going to do?" 

My nose remains in the air as I cross my arms. "I was simply going to educate you how to not be a jerk." 

"Oh, same thing," he scoffs, causing me to scowl at him. 

"You're hopeless, you know that?" I exclaim in frustration. 

"Everyone knows that except for you," he flashes me a sarcastically sweet smile and I march away, mentally thinking of many unpleasant ways to describe Taylor Herrings. 

I sit down next to Alex in the mess hall, arms crossed, eyebrows furrowed. 

"Looking good today, CC," Alex mutters, obviously seeing my grumpy expression. 

"Shut up," I nudge him. 

"Okay, okay," he sighs. "What's wrong?" 

I look around, and see Juliet enter the cafeteria, bright eyed and smiling. My stomach twists and I drag Alex outside. 

"Oh, can't keep your hands off all this, huh? You want some alone time, Cass?" Alex wiggles his eyebrows suggestively at me, and I groan. 

"Listen, Alex! Taylor didn't kiss Juliet because he liked her." 

"I'm confused. Why else would he have done it?" 

"Cause he's a douche?" 

"Good point." Alex nods. "But I don't think that's it. Taylor reluctantly agreed to the date in the first place, right?" I nod and he continues. "And then he's pulling a douche move? Doesn't make sense," Alex frowns. I sigh, and a run through my hair, suddenly noticing how humid and hot it had became.