Understandings.

YOU GUYS READY

OR NAH

__________________________________________________________________________________

Dinner that night was awkward. 

To say the least. 

Alex avoided me, Taylor averted my gaze every time I looked over, and it was just awkward! 

Kelly, Belle and Juliet talked and stuff and I joined it, but I was out of it. I took the girls back to the cabin and fell straight to sleep, exhausted. 

Now, I was just waking up, stretching. The girls were all getting dressed and I got ready too. Then, we all went to the cafeteria for breakfast. I managed to get a spot behind Alex in line. 

"Hey," I softly greeted. He glanced at me, a complete poker face on. 

"Hey." 

"How are you?" I tentatively asked. 

"Tired. How about you?" 

"God, this small talk is terrible," I make a crack at a joke, but Alex just shakes his head at me and quickly gets some toast, walking away. Sighing, I get some food, and see Taylor sitting down. I plop down right next to him. "Good morning." 

He cast me a strange look. "Hello?" 

"So, Taylor," I lean forward, acting as casual as possible. "Tell me about yourself." 

"What do you mean?" 

"Give me the 411 on the REAL Taylor Herrings." 

He stiffened. "Oh, I, um, play football." 

"Of course," I roll my eyes. 

"I'm going to Duke for college." 

"Impressive," I nodded. 

"And that's pretty much it," he shrugged. 

"Oh, come on. Football and college is not it. What about your family?" 

Taylor tensed up, his jaw clenching. "What about them?" 

"Chase told me that-" 

"What the hell did Chase say?" Taylor suddenly growls, his hands curled into fists so tight his knuckles were white. 

"Woah, woah. He just said how your dad helped him out," I put my hands in the air. What was wrong with Taylor? 

Taylor's expression slightly softened. "Oh. That. I forgot about that." 

"Uh. Yeah. Do you have any siblings?" I asked, trying to avert the subject from his father. 

"A sister." 

"How old is she?" 

"22." 

"Cool. So where is she now? Home, college?" 

He gave a dry chuckle. "I don't know, and I don't care to find out. Excuse me, but I have to go." 

Taylor pushed his chair away from the table, dumped his remaining food away and stormed out. 

What just happened?

*****************************************************************************************************************

During canoeing, Taylor was nowhere to be found. I decided to ask Chase what was up. The moment we hit the middle of the lake, I started. 

"So, I was talking to Taylor earlier, and I mentioned his dad and he got all weird. Why?"