In The End.

I CAN'T FEEL ____ ____ WHEN I'M WITH YOU 

recap: just reread the last chapter? idk how to describe it :/

_______________________________________________________________________________

And then, like the bus and Regina George, it hit me. 

"Cass?" 

"Not seeing your dad is the safe option. But here I am, telling you to meet him," I mumble, staring ahead. 

"So I shouldn't meet him?" Taylor leans back, confused. 

"No!" I shout, turning to him. "I mean, yes, meet him. It isn't safe, but you need to meet him. You don't deserve him because he left you and you're amazing and I don't deser-" I stop short, blinking as all these thoughts flood my brain. "Taylor, you don't love me." 

"Woah, okay, what?" Taylor stands up, thrown off by this sudden change in conversation. 

"I'm so sorry, this is about you and your dad, but I just want to tell you that you don't love me. You are capable of loving someone that is great and perfect for you, but I'm not that girl Taylor. I'm just a person who was nice to you and you opened to you, and you mistook that for love," I word vomit as Taylor just looks down. 

"No..." Taylor stares at the ground. 

How did I not see this before? Its been so long since someone else gave Taylor some attention, since someone actually cared for him. He didn't love me in that way, he was just grateful. 

"Think about it, Taylor," I softly say. "You're the strongest person I know, just think about it." 

"But how?" Taylor's voice cracks. 

"You just want to love someone and I do love you, Taylor, but not in that way." 

Wow. 

I can't believe it. I wasn't even thinking when I said that, my heart just took over. 

"I can't stand here and tell you to take a risk and meet your dad when I'm taking the safe path. I need to take a risk, you need to meet your dad and fall so desperately in love with someone your heart hurts," I whisper. Taylor Herrings was a fantastic person who, of all people, has someone out there waiting for a guy like him. 

Taylor finally looks up at him and I'm surprised to find his face showing... relief? 

"You love Alex," he gives me a small smile. 

"Did I ever really stop?" 

Taylor's face cracks into a smile and he sits back down. "I-I just need some time to process this." 

"I'll go. Take all the time you need," I nod, moving away. 

And when one door closes, another opens. 

To Alex. 

*************************************************************************************

"Where's Alex?" I jump in front of Belle. 

"Uh, Alex who?" 

"Belle, stop messing around. Where. Is. Alex?" I ask again, desperate. 

"Woah," she holds up her hands. "No need to be so aggressive." 

I sigh, running a hand through my hair. "I'm sorry, I just have a lot of thoughts in my head right now and I just need-" 

"He's in the mess hall." Belle rolls her eyes and I pull her into a tight hug, showing my thanks. I begin to run off, heart pounding. "And I better be invited to your wedding!" 

I fly into the mess hall, with only name on my tongue. Alex, Alex, Alex. 

Where was he?! 

I go over to Aunt Kathy, who was serving herself some pasta. "Aunt Kathy, have you seen Alex?" 

"Oh, you just missed him. He left a couple minutes ago." 

"UGH!" I groan frustratedly. "Do you have any idea where he is?" 

She shrugs. "Maybe check his cabin? I don't really know, he seemed upset." 

"Thanks," I wave back, running off again. Where the hell were you Alex? 

I barge into his cabin and go over to where Alex's bed was. All his clothes were gone and his duffel bag was absent. Oh god no. 

Like a woman possessed, I ran as fast as I could to that stupid parking lot where we first pulled into in the beginning of summer. 

And there he was. 

Sitting in his car and the engine turned on. His forehead was on the steering wheel and I could almost sense the debate going on in his head. 

Catching my breath, I slip into the passenger seat. 

"I don't want any fucking hugs." 

"Cass? Jesus, you scared me," Alex jumps, gaping at me. "Whats going on? Wheres Taylor?" 

"I like cars." 

Alex squints at me, still not understanding. "Are you sober right now or...?" 

"Fuck, Alex," I groan, rubbing my eyes. "I like fast cars. I like the passion, I like the insanity, I like the risk. I don't why I couldn't see it, but I don't want safety. I don't want anymore warm hugs. I want you. I just want you." 

My heart was pounding like a drummer at a heavy metal concert, my breath was erratic but my mind was completely clear. 

And Alex just stares, blue eyes wide. His mouth opens and closes, words catching. 

"I've been a bitch," I hold up a hand, "and don't even say that I haven't, because I have. I don't deserve you, because if I did, I would just stayed with you. I'm gonna spend the rest of my life trying to make this up to you, because Alex Waters, I love you. And I'm never going to stop." 

The truth was out, and for once, it didn't hurt. It just felt great. 

"Cassandra Ann Williams, are you dense?" 

Okay, not the reaction I was hoping for. 

Alex slowly turns to me, face not showing any clear emotion. "I don't need a freaking speech, just kiss me." 

Letting out a bark of laughter, I immediately moved into Alex's lap, our mouths colliding like never before. 

We still had that spark that I first felt in that stupid restaurant on that stupid date. 

"I love you," Alex murmured on my lips. 

"I don't deserve you," I murmur back, hands raking through his hair. 

"Nobody deserves each other. So lets just shut up and love each other," Alex breathed and my heart skipped a beat. 

And from that point on, we just shut up and loved each other. 

_______________________________________________________________________________-

And that, dear readers, is the end to the Cassandra and Alex love story. I know many of you are gonna upset at the ending, but this is how I, the author, chose to end it. I will not be reading the comments of this chapter because I'd rather not feel bad about how I ended it. 

I love each and every one of you and I just want to thank you all for coming on this journey with me. You have changed my life and brought so much joy. Wattpad is and always will be a big part of me, so this is my temporary farewell. 

Until I write again, thanks for being there friend. Hope you enjoyed it. 

xoxo- justanotherwriter.