Dangerous Waters.

GUYS READ MY OTHER BOOK: UNDERCOVER

<3

 ___________________________________________________________________________________

I took a deep breath, then clambered down the ladder and headed out of the woods. My group was in archery right now, so I headed over there. Taylor was already there, injuries and all, and helping out the kids. I sat down on a rock, head in my hands. 

"Hey." 

I looked up to see Taylor sitting in front of me. "That crossed a line, you know that right?" I immediately say. 

He sighs, not making eye contact with me. "I know," he mutters. "But you have to admit, it was pretty funny," he looks up at me with a sly grin. 

"No, actually it wasn't," I spit, glaring at him. "You should have known that Alex would have gotten pissed!" 

Taylor rolled his eyes. "Well, I'm sorry that your boyfriend is so sensitive." 

"He's not my-" I begin to protest, and then sigh. "I'm done with these stupid pranks. They only lead to trouble." I shake my head. 

"Okay, okay. Truce for real this time?" He extends a hand. 

"Truce," I agree, nodding. "How is getting me drunk revenge anyway?" 

Taylor doesn't answer right away, but then smirks at me. "Because you are simple delightful when you're intoxicated, my dear Cassandra." 

And with that, he got up and walked away. 

***********************************************************************************************************************

Turns out I had already missed arts and craft, so now it was time for lunch. I sat the farthest I could from Taylor and Alex's regular seats and began to eat my pasta. 

"Cass." 

I didn't look up, knowing that it was Alex. 

"We're going to talk later. You can't ignore me forever," he said and then walked over to the opposite side of the table. I exhaled a deep breath. 

"What did I miss?" Belle slid in the seat next to me. 

I gave a sad smile. "Everything." She screwed up her nose at me. 

"That bad?" 

I nod, trying to stop the tickling in my nose that I always got before I started crying. 

She put her hand on my shoulder and squeezed. "You can always talk to me about anything, you know that right? Consider me your best friend here!" Belle grinned.

I gave her a watery smile. "Thanks. But I'm afraid that once I start talking, the tears will have a mind of their own." She gave me a small smile.

"Anytime." And she turned and began eating.

Despite how depressed I was feeling, it was nice knowing that I could count on Belle.

***********************************************************************************************************************

The next thing I knew it was canoeing. 

"You coming?" 

I look up to see Chase standing in front of me. I nod and follow him into the canoe. We had this thing, paddling to the middle of the lake, pouring our hearts out and then heading back to mainland. 

We paddled in silence and I carefully turned around once we had reached. 

"So," Chase said softly, looking me straight in the eyes. "Quite a big fight."