Spiders.

"And....we're done!" Belle plopped down, exhausted on her sleeping bag. We had spent the last twenty minutes setting up inside our tent. 

"Whew," I sigh, also falling backwards. 

"So, Cass," Belle rolls over to her side. I mimic her so we can see each other. "Give me the 411 on Taylor." 

I sigh, pursing my lips. "I thought we had a truce, but we apparently we didn't." 

Her eyes lit up. "So more pranks?" 

I give her a 'duh' look. "No, I'm just going to forgive him." She giggles. 

"Well, you came to the right girl because I know for a fact that Taylor is deathly afraid of spiders," she grins mischievously. 

"Come on. I have an idea," I drag her out of the tent. 

*********************************************************************************************************************

Belle and I place the container by a nearby tree, hidden. "Tonight is going to rock. But I do feel about also pranking Alex..." I sigh. 

Belle shrugs. "It's for the greater good. Just kiss him or something and he'll get over it." 

Nodding, we both head back to the tent and change into our pjs, as Aunt Kathy instructed. Then, we follow the steady stream of campers to the large bonfire where dinner is set up. "Ugh, thank god for food! I could eat a horse!" As I approach the food line, I notice Alex talking animatedly to Mark, Chase, Taylor and a group of kids. 

"-so huge! Cass is just lucky I was there to protect her from the bear," Alex flexs a muscle. 

EXCUSE ME? 

If I remember correctly, Alex, you were the one who was about to piss his pants! I saved you! 

I glare at Alex and when he catches it, he visibly gulps. I just smirk and look away. 

Okay, so maybe I wouldn't feel that bad about pranking Alex. 

After we finished eating, we all sit down around the fire. 

"Mark! You want to come up here and tell us another one of your stories?" 

Mark pretended to be flattered, pressing a hand to his chest. I leaned forward, excited, but someone tapped me on my shoulder. I turned, seeing it was Alex. Frowning, I stood up and let him lead me onto the ouskirts of the forest. 

"Do you want to pick up where we left off?" Alex whispers and I can just see the profile of his face illuminated by the moonlight. 

"I'm good," I shove him away. 

So, this boy thinks he can take all the credit and get away with it? Uh-uh. 

"What's wrong?" he huffs. 

"I don't know, Alex. There might be another bear," I harshly-whisper and turn around to walk back again, but he grabs my arm. 

"Please?" 

"No!" I jerk my arm from his grasp and march angrily back to the bonfire.

"Girls," he angrily mutters.

Huffing, I take my seat next to Belle again. 

"What crawled up your butt and died?" 

"Alex is such a....." I trail off, trying to find the right word. "Boy," I decide upon, sighing. 

Belle chuckles. "What did you expect? Life is not a disney movie, Cass." 

"Yeah, but I wish it was."