Chapter Seven

My first week at Hogwarts came and went. Most of it spent navigating Hogwarts complicated layout, or studying for classes. I got closer with everyone in gryffindor, and surprisingly Draco as he had become so close with my brother. 

I liked Draco, I did consider him a friend and he made me laugh. The trio did try to warn me about him, and I often caught Harry glaring at us in potions when he thought I wasn't looking. Like on Thursday last week, Draco leaned over to whisper a joke about Professor Snape and out of the corner of my eye I saw Harry at the table behind us with clenched fists.

I really enjoyed my classes, and I felt like I was learning so much more than at my old school. The one weird thing was, Moody was watching me rather intently lately. His eyes always seemed to fall back to me, whether it be in class or in the hallways — he was always there, and it creeped me out to no end. 

The week went by too quickly, and today was the day the goblet of fire was revealing the names of the tri-wizard champions.

 " Ali, are you ready?" Hermione asked as we were rushing around to get ready for dinner. I tied my hair into a braid across my shoulder and slid my wand into my robe pocket. 

"Yeah, lets go." I smiled and followed her out of the room. 

"Hey gingy." I said to Ron and ruffled his hair causing him to blush as bright as his hair. Ron and Harry were waiting for us at the bottom of the stairs. "Hey, Yankee." He said and elbowed me in the side. I fake scowled at him before we both started laughing. Ron and I were both goofballs, that had Hermione rolling her eyes as there were now two of us. 

"Hi, Ali." Harry said with a rather bright smile today.

 "Hello, Harry" I said in a fake British accent causing him to chuckle.

 "Ok you three, we're going to be late!" Hermione exclaimed and ushered all of us out of the room. We almost tripped over Seamus and Dean she was pushing us so fast. 

"Your British accent is terrible, Love. " Harry whispered in my ear. I felt a slight tingle as he was standing so closely. And he shocked me, because this was the most flirtatious thing he has done since we met.

 "Oh really?" I asked in the same fake accent. He just smiled and nodded as we entered the great hall.

I took my normal seat next to Ron and across from Harry at the gryffindor table. And Fred and George plopped down on my other side. I waved to Andi who was smiling at me from the Hufflepuff table behind us, I was happy to see her as I barely saw the twins all week.  There was so much excitement going on in the Great Hall it took Dumbledore longer than normal to calm everyone down. 

"Hello everyone! Today we will be choosing our three champions. But only one will hoist, the Tri-wizard cup!" He yelled and waved towards the glowing trophy that sat a few feet away from him. The blue flames in the goblet of fire were still dancing around and it was roaring as if it were alive. Dumbledore took a few steps closer and waved his hands making all the lights in the room dim.

The goblet roared for a few good moments until it shot a piece of paper out of the blue flames. "Our Dumrstrang champion is...Viktor Krum!" He yelled. 

An eruption of applause sounded from every end of the room. I clapped loudly along with Ron sitting beside me, as we watched the muscular Bulgarian strut to the front of the room and shake hands with our headmaster. This competition would be even more exciting if my favorite quidditch player was competing now.

"Our Beauxbatons champion...Fleur Delacore!" Dumbledore said as another sheet of paper flew out of the flames. A tall girl with long blond hair, blew kisses to her fellow classmates as she walked away from the Ravenclaw table. She shook hands with Dumbledore before leaving through the door to the trophy room.

"And finally, our Hogwarts champion is Cedric Diggory!" Dumbledore said proudly. And I joined in with the mass amount of applause as a handsome blond walked up from the Hufflepuff table. I saw Andi look at him with a look I saw way too many times. I laughed to myself, as my sister was ogling the boy that walked past her.

 Dumbledore started talking about something, but what he said was drawn out as I could only focus on the goblet of fire...it was roaring once more and appeared to want to shoot out another name...

As I predicted a fourth sheet of parchment flew straight from the flames and into Dumbledores hands. He looked around frantically, and the look in his eye frightened me. "HARRY POTTER!" He bellowed. 

I gulped and looked at my friend that sat across from me. He looked at me with wide eyes and shook his head frantically. "Harry, for goodness sake GO!" Hermione said and yanked him out of his seat. I gave him one last sympathetic look as he walked slowly through the room. Who would put Harry's name in the goblet of fire? People were all yelling things like "Cheat" and how he wasn't of age yet. But I could only focus on my raven haired friend that was getting strange looks from every teacher he passed.

And as if Harry's name getting called out of the the goblet of fire wasn't strange enough, a fifth piece of paper was shot out of the goblet causing everyone in the room to freak out. "What the bloody hell is going on!" Ron yelled beside me. I just glanced anxiously to Dumbledore who was reading the name on the paper and shaking his head.

"Alisanna Soloria?" He called out softer in a manner of a question. My eyes went wide as I wasn't quite sure I heard him correctly.

 "ALISANNA SOLORIA!" He shouted ripping me from my trance. My mouth was gaping open so wide it could have touched the table. Fred gave me a confused look, as did Hermione. I looked to Ron who was looking everywhere but me.I sighed before slowly standing up and walking around the table. "YOU CANT LET THIS HAPPEN!" I heard my brother scream from the Slytherin table. I looked to see him standing in outrage in the center of the table. The twins were standing as well, but each of them were looking to each other and crying.

Damian caught my eye, and I nodded once to him and tried to put on the bravest face I could. Dumbledore looked at me with shock, Snape with curiosity, Mcgonagall with fear....but the look on Moody's face was more frightening than them all. Triumph.