" The One "

Note : it took me so long to write... Just bear with it..

P. S. - I'm sorry if it's not what you're expecting...

---------------------------------------

She got up and dragged herself downstairs for coffee.. Her mom was making something.. She sat in the kitchen table just keeping her head down..

Her father came took a water bottle... Her mother continued her work.. The house help kept cleaning.. They all were used to it... Somedays she slept like there's no tomorrow and woke up like a zombie.

She could hear the clattering of utensils and some gossip between the house help and her mom.. When the sizzling sound came when tadka was mixed into the curd she moved her head, keeping her left palm under chin for support..

She recalled yesterday's events.. She had gone to his place in morning just to spent sometime with his parents since they were starting for Shirdi on a two days trip with their relatives.

She had met the girl Isha there..  His mom had introduced Isha to her as Karan's cousin's friend.. She had tried to play it cool until she had learned that he had met the girl day before.. He had met to discuss the arrangement for her birthday surprise.. He had asked her to visit his place that particular day when his parents would be there.. Mostly because he was busy and it would be difficult for him to stay back just to accommodate.... His mom was aware enough to keep it a secret..

The girl was sweet, trying to chat with her but It didn't just sit well with her that he met his cousin's friend and didn't inform her. The fact that she knew he got a message from the same girl anddidn't want her to see that, just added to her set of gut feelings . The friend was close enough to visit his parents in his absence.. Yet she wasn't aware of that friend..

In the heat of the moment she left the set of house keys she had at his place.. Not on the dining or bed side but in the cupboard second row where his watch collection was there. on the corner.. Just because he would notice.. If he looked closely then he would...

He had waited for her after the rehearsal of her award show dance practice. His part was over but he had stayed back cause she had denied to go back to his place citing that she had some plans.. When after work she found him waiting she thought he would try to convince her to come with him.. Only it was opposite, she got to know later through the drive.. He was waiting so he can drop her home and go back... She recalled the brief conversation they had..

" I had my own car.. And I had plans today..I told you." she told after sitting in the car after acting a bit reluctant..

"what are you mad about exactly.." he had asked cause at this point it was obvious.

"I didn't say I was mad.. I just don't like when you try to decide for me" she had made sure the irritation was visible..

He sat there unfazed just with a furrowed brows listening to her..

"you've been working for more than 11 hours.. Probably what you need is to lie down to rest.." he told her calmly not willing to aggravate her more.

"you just didn't want me to join them.. That's it." she was adamant on that..
If he can meet people without updating her then she can as well..

"you had plan with a bunch of strangers.. And you expect me to just let you go." he said without caring how it sounded. Her well being was his concern so he didn't shy away from stating if something bothered him.

"I'm seeing them everyday during my practice.. I know them.. And you can't decide for me. " she had said raising her voice a bit.

"if I feel it's not needed then I'll.. You can join them tomorrow since you would've 4 hours of shoot. Start a bit early may be instead of night 1." he said patiently..