Being Someone's Constant

Note : It didn't turn out how I expected it to be but hopefully it's okay.

Happy reading and do let me know how you feel about this chapter so that I can start writing the next one. 😅

-----------

Once they arrived home her Maa dragged her to a corner.

Maa : what was that.

T: I'm really not...

She had seen the way she ran after him and through out the drive she was silent.

It was out in the open yet she was asked for a clarification.

She took a deep breath and just spelled it out.

T : we're going out Maa.

Maa : since how long.. Before Diwali?

She nodded.

Maa : you could have just told me.

T: sure.. Look how bua is exaggerating the whole thing in phone to uncle.

Maa : do you realise how it looked there. Why did he left.

T: someone is in a bad condition in his family. I'm not in a state of mind to explain.

She was damn irritated.

T: just don't look for anything for me Maa.. I'll come and tell when I'm ready.

She did not listen to anything else
just changed and went to set.

-----------

Around evening when she waited for the last shot Vikas came.

V : stressed?

He asked as he sat down beside her.

She just kept staring at the ground without saying anything.

V : it was a last minute decision. Just now omi had came back from meeting about for 2 days to have someone as a new host.

T : when he'll be back?

She wanted to ask a lot. If he had replied cause he hasn't seen her messages. How is the situation. Then the most important one was his return.

Vikas saw the restlessness and understood they've not talked properly.

V : minimum take it as one week.

He knew it would be more than that but then the girl looked so so lifeless that he didn't had the heart to say.

T : what about shoot for next week?

V : next week all these new year programs would be shot.. So until new year he's free.

T: do you think he might stay longer.

She didn't get any reply.

The day ended also but her mind didn't register anything.

She came back and didn't really speak or talk.

Lied down on the bed imagining if everything was normal today her father would've met him.

Life always made them stand at a point where it looked like there's no way out.

It was just some 16 or 17 hours. He was completely absent from her life and no matter how much she tried she knew that it affected her.

----------------------

He had to stay at the lay over for 3 hours. The jet lag was real. He hadn't informed also anyone except his sis.