CHAPTER XLIV: Family time

Everything just seems right today. Jihye, Jimin and Taehyung are organizing their family lunch together, while Seohyun is playing with his grandchildren. Yoongi and Jungkook are at Yoongi's studio for some important reason they haven't told anyone yet.

With their togetherness, Seohyun broke every bond with his father and his half-brother last week. They, of course, tried to understand what was wrong, but Seohyun refused to give them any answer. Losing partnership with Min industries is a big loss for them as well for Seohyun, but he doesn't care. His company is big and successful enough to take care of the loss. He wants to get free.

When Jimin was twenty-one weeks pregnant, at night, he felt his baby moving inside. He instantly woke Yoongi up so that the Alpha could feel the movement too. Jimin remembers Yoongi tearing up when the fetus had kicked where Yoongi's hand was, and the Alpha immediately said that his child would become a footballer one day. Since that day, Yoongi has got a new habit: before sleeping, he always talk to Jimin's tummy which is very annoying to Jimin, but he lets his mate have the time Yoongi missed.

Jungkook and Taehyung live in the same building as Yoongi and Jimin; they've bought an apartment on the 15th floor.

"Jagiya, can you call Yoongi amd Jungkook? The lunch is ready."

Seohyun smiles. He's been smiling a lot these days, and his smiles are genuine and sincere.

"Okay."

Seohyun calls his son and tells him to come for lunch. Yoongi happily replies that he's on his way with Jungkook.

When Yoongi and Jungkook arrive, they quickly go to the dinning table as the sweet scent of foods have already invaded most of the house. Others have been waiting for the two Alphas, so as soon as they saw Yoongi and Jungkook, they greet them and tell them to take places.

"What were you two doing?" Seohyun asks while eating.

"Dad, it's a secret." Yoongi winks.

"Okay...?" The oldest isn't sure what to answer.

"Oh my God, what's the surprise? I wanna know!" Jihye exclaims, excited.

"Mom, surprise is surprise. It's still work in progress so we can't reveal much," Jungkook answers.

"C'mon, Kookie. Tell me, I won't reveal it. Pinky promise." Taehyung shows his puppy eyes but Jungkook isn't having it.

"No, my love," Jungkook speaks in a humorous tone. "I can't means I can't. Period."

"You're such a mean Alpha. I don't know why am I having kids with you," Taehyung says in an angry voice tone.

Jungkook stays clam as he's well aware of his Omega's mood swings. Other in the table snicker except for Jimin: the child inside his stomach has been kicking a lot lately, as if they want to come out right now.

"Because it was meant to be. Now, eat."

"You are mean Alpha."

"Thank you," Jungkook answers in done voice.

"Okay, enough. Eat peacefully," Seohyun says.

Yoongi observes Jimin who is sitting on the other side of the table, between Jihye and Taehyung. He kinda feels bad that his Omega has to endure so much.

"Minnie, everything's alright?" He furrows his brows in concern.

Jimin sighs deeply before nodding. "I'll be fine. You're child just seems very energetic today."

"Everything's gonna be fine, Jimin," Jihye smiles. "I still remember my pregnancy and the last two months were awful."

"When is your due date?"

"It's on next month, dad. I can't wait to get over this," Jimin grumbles.

"What's the gender of the baby?"

"Yoongi and I decided to not know it until the birth of our baby."

Seohyun nods in understanding.

They eat peacefully their lunch in silence until a loud thud from upstairs startles them; the breaking sound of a vase.

"Jiyoon, what happened?" Yoongi shouts.

Upstairs, in the playroom, Taeha has broken an expensive vas while playing. She hugs Yoonji, crying. If her mother comes to know it, he'll be very angry and she knows it.

Yoonji looks at Jiyoon. "Jiyoonie, do something."

The little boy, to save the little Omega from scolding, shouts: "papa, sorry. I broke the vase."

Taeha stares at his cousin with teary eyes. Jiyoon goes to Taeha and bends himself to match her height. "Don't worry, Taeha. No one is going to say anything to you." He kisses on top of his head.

The elders of the house arrive and watch the terrified children. The young Alpha hide the Omega behind and stand in front of them.

Before anyone can say anything, Jiyoon speaks: "I'm sorry, I broke it. The didn't do anything." The timidity is obvious in his voice.

The elders, of course, have understood everything and laugh at Jiyoon's defensive behavior. They're also happy to see the strong bond between the kids.

"Why are you laughing?" Yoonji asks.

"Nothing, my dear. You all are so cute," Jimin answers.

Solving the not-so-big problem, they go downstairs to finish their lunch.

These moments are truly wonderful and full of happiness.

——

Cute moments are always needed ❤