CHAPTER XL: Confront

It's been months since Yoongi's been in this house; he doesn't need to be here since he has already built a home with his lover and children, but he is obliged to come here. He must confront Mr. Min Seohyun. He must know what's his father up to.

Once, he had fear of his father learning about his mate, he had fear of presenting his Omega to his father. Now, those fears are gone as he walks with Jimin by his side, and behind them, Jungkook and Taehyung follow them with hand in hand. He wants to show his father who he is now with his music and most importantly, with the Omega he had labeled as low.

Jimin holds Yoongi's hand, signifying that he's here for him no matter what, that he will be there for his Alpha no matter what. The Omega lived a lot of years with fear of Min Seohyun, but not now. He feels powerful today with her mate by his side.

The interior of the house has changed a lot, but this is the least of their concerns. They've come here to face the owner of the house, and give them some pieces of their mind.

Mr. Min Seohyun descends from the stairs while talking on the phone. As soon as his eyes lock with his son's, Seohyun stops speaking. His mind goes black for seconds because he couldn't understand why Yoongi is here with three others. He bites on his lips as remembering that yesterday he sent a bouquet to congratulate them, but he thought that his gift would get neglected; seeing them in this house was the last thing he expected.

"I'll call you later," he murmurs on the phone before hanging up. Putting the phone in his pocket, he comes downstairs.

"What a surprise, Yoongi. Didn't think you'd come here," Seohyun says genuinely. Mrs. Min also comes downstairs and she is as well shocked as Mr. Min. What happened two nights ago, she didn't think that It would bring them here. She stands behind Seohyun and listen closely to their conversation.

"Surprised, right?" Yoongi mocks. "I was also surprised by your gift also, so I thought it'd be better if I come and thank you in person." Seohyun is well aware of the mockery behind Yoongi's calm voice.

"What a pleasant surprise! I'm really happy you thought about it." Mr. Min decides to play along. "By the way, congratulations on your success."

"Thank you. Well, I really think that I deserve the gift... because I earn it by my music," his voice turns stern. "The music that you once called useless that it wouldn't bring me anywhere."

"I only wanted the best for you," Seohyun says the truth but of course, no one will ever believe him.

"Best for me?" Yoongi scoffs. Jihye gasps softly, knowing the anger, the pain, the loneliness of Yoongi have reached the peak, and now, they are about to burst.

"I became a father," Yoongi speaks through gritted teeth. "Yet I didn't know it for more than five years, but still I managed to be the best father my children always wanted. And you, were you present in my life?"

The painful memories flash through his brain. Those moments when every child would come with their father, he would sometimes go with their mother and sometimes with bodyguards. Those moments when everyone child would talk about their weekends with both of their parents, he would only listen sadly. Those moments when every child would celebrate their birthdays playing with their father, he would always long for his father.

As a teenager, all his father ever wanted was him to get a rich Omega, regardless of his will. His father only taught him that the world is nothing without money; money is power. He still thanks the heaven for giving his Jihye as his mother: thanks to her he learnt about the strongest power in the world; love. Thanks to her, he learnt about what is a mate, and how does it feel to have one. Since that time, he always wondered about finding a mate and creating a life with them.