CHAPTER XX: Pain

"That's the thing about pain... it demands to be felt." John Green

"How was the day, hyung?" Jimin asks while cooking dinner for them.

Yoongi has just come out from shower, wearing his white bathrobe. His wet, black, messy hair give him a sexy aura that Jimin starts to get aroused.

"Thanks to the children, I'm not getting bored anymore: they always have something to tell me," he answers while towel-drying his hair. "They're still watching cartoons?"

"Yep," Jimin focuses on his cooking again. "It's not good for them to watch television for a long time."

Yoongi stares at Jimin's back and bite his lower lip. His small waist looks even smaller in his big t-shirt, and his butt looks very appetizing.

"Let them for now. After they'll become adults, they won't have much time for cartoons."

"Agree; adulthood is traumatizing," Jimin laughs. "You'll miss your childhood." He turns around to see Yoongi.

"Exactly. Life is strange: when you're a child, you whine to become an adult, so that you can do whatever you wanna do; and when you're an adult, you wish to go back in time."

Jimin shakes his head, smiling. He couldn't agree more with Yoongi's words. He really misses his childhood. Those days were pure gold.

Yoongi goes to the guest room — where he's been sleeping for past three days — to change into his comfortable pyjama.

"Do you usually return from work this hour? At eight o'clock?" Jimin asks when Yoongi comes out while serving in the plates.

"No," Yoongi answers and sits on the couch. "I usually return around ten o'clock, but I'm early because I want to spend some quality time with Jiyoon and Yoonji."

Jimin smiles fondly at the older. He knows that Yoongi's bond with the kids is stronger than Yoongi imagines. He's afraid to take away Yoongi's happiness again.

"You were with them whole day, hyung."

"Physically, yes. But I had to focus on work too. Now that I'm home, I can create more beautiful memories with them."

Jimin stays quiet as he finishes serving. Yoongi's words hurt him more than they should.

As Jimin places the plates on the table, Yoongi gets a phone call. He answers it, all the while watching Jimin discreetly.

"Hello." His deep raspy voice gives Jimin goosebumps.

"Hey, Yoongi. How are you?" Yoongi puts the phone speaker and leans his hand back.

"Hi, Chanyeol hyung. How are you?"

Chanyeol. The name is a little familiar to Jimin. He goes back to the kitchen to clean the little mess he has created while cooking. But he certainly doesn't move his attention from Yoongi and the caller.

"I'm fine, Yoongi. How are you?

"I'm all good. Just tired."

"Then why don't you go home. It's not good to overwork."

Overwork.

Jimin certainly doesn't like the fact Yoongi overworks. Health is very important.

"I'm at home today. What about you? How are you?"

"I'm good with my little Omega, Baekhyun and our little girl, Aera. We're in Italy for a little vacation."

Baekhyun. This name is also familiar, but he can't remember them.