CHAPTER II: Yoongi

"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." — Aristotle

He checks himself in front of the mirror one last time before going out from his room. As he comes downstairs, he watches as his maids put the breakfast on the table.

He silently sits on the table and waits for his parents. He has become the CEO of the Min Industries, which was his father's previous position, but Mr. Min still has the Chairman's position.

"Good morning, darling." His mother smiles and sits on the table.

"Good morning, mom and dad." He shows a genuine small smile to them.

"Good morning, Yoongi."

The air is full of coldness, the family is more rotten than ever, but no one tries to fill atmosphere with some love.

"Yoongi, what did you think about dealing with Mr. Choi?" Seohyun decides to break the silence.

"I do not want any partnership with Mr. Choi's company, dad," responds Yoongi nonchalantly.

"But why?"

"My company is based on faith and respect, and I do not have any faith in Choi Heeyoung's company."

Mr. Min raises an eyebrow, "and why is this?"

"Some of the employees were found faithless to their company, and some employees complained about too much stress they get while working; the current CEO, Choi Anna, does not have a good relation with the employees, and sometimes she makes them do overwork; she does not have any respect towards her work either. I don't want my employees to be affected by these."

Mr. Min smiles as he listens to his son attentively; Yoongi is a very professional man.

"I'm very impressed, son. Keep going like this."

Yoongi nods once before eating again. He likes when his father compliments him, but he would've love to hear these words when he used to play the piano — that he hasn't played for last five and a half years: the piano has left all its melodies.

"Darling, what are your plans about your future with Chaeyoung?"

Mrs. Min asks with a gentle tone, but Yoongi doesn't like it; he still doesn't like the idea of spending a future without his mate.

"She's still young, mom. Let her enjoy her youth."

"But son, I would really like to see my grandchildren as soon as possible."

Yoongi's breath hitches as he remembers those days; he said he wanted to bear Yoongi's children.

"Ah, Mrs. Min, let him live some more time alone. He will marry when he wants. Let him focus on his career."

Mr. Min says without looking at her, but she is happy that he has talked to her, at least.

Yoongi arrives at the company. It's a twenty five-story office building, all covered with glass. With his bodyguards, Yoongi enters in the white, marble floored lobby.

The receptionist, Mrs. Im Younghyun smiles fondly at her handsome boss. Yoongi nods his head and walks over to the blank elevator.

He reaches the highest floor and immediately goes to his cabin and starts working on his computer. He grins at himself, looking at how successful his last deal has become.

But all these successes are not able to fill the void in his heart — the void that was created years ago.

"May I come in, Oppa?"

A sweet voice speaks, making Yoongi look at the door to see a young girl standing with a beautiful smile.

His lips quiver upward as he gets up. "Chae, you're already in." He chuckles.

The girl shrugs and goes to sit on his seat, opposite him. She's dressed beautifully in a black top, white jeans, and lots of bracelets around her wrists.

"How come you're here, Chae?" He asks once he sits again.

She shrugs again. "Can't I come here to see my future husband?" She giggles.

"Ha... ha... very funny," he playfully rolls his eyes.

"What's funny? Can't you see it?" She smirks, showing the ring on her ring finger. Yoongi and Chaeyoung got engaged six months ago.

He shakes his head while laughing a little. "You know, you're cute?"

"Thank you, Oppa," She cups her own cheeks.

"By the way, I'm here to talk about something."

Chaeyoung's face gets serious. "My parents are asking me to get married to you as soon as possible. Ugh... they are so annoying." She scowls.

"What a coincidence," he puts his forearms on the glassy table. "My mom talked about our marriage this morning." He chuckles.

Chaeyoung sits cross-legged on the chair. "Sometimes I just want to run away, very far from every shits."

"I can relate, but running away from your problems is not a solution. Instead, it means getting double problems."

"This fucking world!"

"Calm down, Chae."

"Hey, are free for 2 weeks?" Chaeyoung puts her elbow on the table in order to rest her chin on her palm.

"Why do you ask?" He raises his eyebrows.

"I want a little vacation from this stress." She pouts, "I was wondering if we could go somewhere, Oppa."

"Where do you wanna go?"

"Let's go to Busan." She pouts.

"Why Busan?"

She scoffs. "You ask so many questions. My friend is getting married next week, I asked my father if I can go, but he told me that, 'if your fiancé lets you than you can go.'" She mimics his father voice before rolling her eyes.

Yoongi laughs at Chaeyoung's child-like behavior. The situation isn't pleasant for any of them, so Yoongi agrees, and they decide to travel to Busan.

"Anything else, my dear fiancée?" Yoongi smiles cheekily.

Dramatically, Chaeyoung rests her hands on her chest and gasp, "Oppa, you flatter my heart."

"Stop being too dramatic and leave or stay, whatever you want. Just don't disturb me, I have works to do."

"Otay." She speaks in a baby voice before getting herself occupied with her smartphone.

——

⚫What do you think of Yoongi and Chaeyoung's relation?

⚫Let me know your opinion about this chapter 💜

XOXO