CHAPTER XLI: Epiphany: Min Seohyun

"Epiphany: a moment of sudden and great revelation or realization."

"Hwanjoon, where are you, baby?" The seventeen years old Alpha, Min Seohyun, called his mate who is hiding behind a car. They were in their high school, playing hide and seek.

Seohyun had found his mate last year, and he marked that day as the best day ever. He had never seen a male Omega as beautiful as Hwanjoon; the Omega possessed the beauty like Pegasus, and he was innocent like a dove. Hwanjoon was full of live, he only knew how to make someone happy, he couldn't see anyone shedding a tear.

"Love, please, come out. I wanna take you somewhere," Seohyun said remembering what was different in today.

Hwanjoon tiptoed behind Seohyun, planning to scare him. As Seohyun turned, Hwanjoon yelled 'Boh' which wasn't scary to Seohyun, but still he acted as if it was. Hwanjoon bursted into laughter — well, Seohyun acting worth it.

"I got you, Seohyunnie," Hwanjoon giggled and Seohyun couldn't help but prepper kisses all over his face, thus earning more giggles.

"You know," Seohyun mumbled, resting his forehead against his mate. "Sometimes, I think my life is totally useless without you. You're the source of my happiness, and I can't leave without you," Seohyun confessed — though it wasn't the first time, but still, he wished his Omega to know how much his presence meant to his Alpha.

"I'm not leaving you anywhere, mister. Even if you run away, I'll find you," Hwanjoon joked, but he really meant what he said: he never wanted to leave his Alpha; he wanted to create a life with his Alpha.

"I love you... a lot, Omega."

"I love you more." They share a passionate kiss before going out from the parking lot.

Today was a very sorrowful day for Seohyun as he had lost his mother in this day nine years ago. He had very difficulty to overcome that period; his father was roughly present in his life, he was practically raised by the maids. But thanks to Hwanjoon, he learned how to love.

They stood in front of the grave of Seohyun's mother. After all these years that had passed, Seohyun was still mama's boy, he slowly let the tears fell, missing her like everyday. Meanwhile, Hwanjoon stared at the grave sadly, but he was grateful to her for giving birth to Seohyun.

"I miss you, mother. Look, I brought someone today, he's my mate and a very beautiful one. Not like you but still he's very beautiful." Seohyun cried harder. "I hope you're resting in a better place."

Hwanjoon embraced his mate, letting him shed more tears. They had mated two weeks ago, so the Omega could feel his Alpha more closely.

"She's in better place, love. And she's watching you from up," Hwanjoon consoled him.

After some times, they decided to leave as Hwanjoon wasn't feeling good. As they were leaving, Hwanjoon ran quickly to throw up next to a tree. Seohyun was too shocked to move his muscle for a minute before going to his mate and rubbing his back.

"Sweetheart, is everything okay? Did you eat something wrong?" Seohyun asks, taking the bottle of water out of his bag and handing it to Hwanjoon.

"I have no idea, I don't remember eating something bad. I also threw up this morning," Hwanjoon replied in small cute voice, and Seohyun cooed at him.

"I think you need to go to the doctor, it might be food poisoning."

"Okay."

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"No, thank you. I can go by myself."

"Where were you, Seohyun?" Mr. Min Byungho asked, his voice strict and full of authority and dominance.