CHAPTER VII: Him

"I never thought of seeing you again."

"I, Jun Soohye, take you, Yong Jiseok, to be my husband. I promise to be true to you in good times, in sickness and in health."

The guests claps as the bride and groom kiss, the place is drowned in love as the love birds finally get married after two years of dating.

Yoongi watches the scene, his heart clenches as he recalls the night together; their beautiful night together.

"Hyungie, will you marry me?" Jimin mumbled, enjoying the the view of the moon from the penthouse's balcony.

Yoongi looked at Jimin's side profile. "Why are you asking it so suddenly?"

Jimin turned to Yoongi. "Never think of it?" He licks his upper lip.

"Um... actually no. But do you want it?"

Jimin smiled big as his cheeks turned crimson. "It would be one of the best day of my life. I want to spend my entire life with you"— Jimin scrunched his nose —"and annoy the life out of you."

They ended up giggling like some teenagers. Yoongi extended his hand from his seat, asking for Jimin's mini hand. Their hands together fit perfectly that both of them felt butterflies race in their stomachs.

"With you, everything feels like heaven. I would be the luckiest man on the earth, if I have your companion."

No word was needed in this shiny night, the moon blessed them with its light, the soft breeze kissed them gently, their love brightened their heart.

I loved you a lot, still do. Why did you have to ruin me this way?

Yoongi closes his eyes and takes a deep breath the control his emotions, he can't be still weak after all these years, after Jimin unfaithfulness.

"Oppa," Chaeyoung calls. "Are you okay? You look a little uncomfortable," she comments.

Yoongi shakes his head and looks at her. "I'm perfectly fine, Chae." He shams a smile.

"If you feel uncomfortable, let's go and take some fresh air. There's a beautiful pond here."

Chaeyoung interlocks their hand and guides him to the pond. The silence between them is comfortable, they are very comfortable with each other.

They might have not known each other for a long time but even in less time, they have grown very close to each other; because there's one thing that connects them, one thing that made them understand each other, one thing that makes them each other's company; it is agony.

The agony of never having support from the family, the agony of being surrounded by lots of fake people, the agony of never finding happiness, the agony of losing the loved ones.

"Do you wanna swim?" Yoongi asks her as she has her head on his shoulder. They're sitting under a juniper tree.

"This black gown is by Saint Laurent, it cost 3000 dollars, not three dollars like your chain," she mocks at Yoongi's chain he's currently wearing.

"Yeah, whatever..." he rolls his eyes before they both go silent again, pondering about their mates.

How much they wanted to be with their mates, holding their hands, spending time with them, kissing them, loving them.

"Chae, what time is it?"

She looks at the Tiffany and Co. watch. "It's 15: 20, why?"

Yoongi inhales. "Don't you wanna eat? It's your favourite thing in a wedding." He gets up with Chaeyoung.

"Right. Let's go, my stomach is hungry," she dramatically rubs her stomach.

"Yeah... I'll go meet the children again." Yoongi grins, he feels a connection every time he thinks about Jiyoon and Yoonji.

"Okay."

It's 15:50, and the teachers are coming out with the children. Yoongi looks at them with smile, the children are very happy with each other.

Ten minutes later, the teachers accompany the students to the bus, and some parents has come to pick their kids.

He searches for Jiyoon and Yoonji in the crowd. He immediately smiles as he notices them. As if they are magnets, attracting a metal, he quickly runs to them.

"UNCLE!"

As he gets on his knees to hug them, he's aware of the delicious feeling running through his body, lighting him up.

"How are you, uncle?" Jiyoon asks as the leans back but Yoongi still has his hands on their petite waists.

"I'm fine, my love. How are you two?" His voice is warm, wanting to know the children more.

"We're fine, uncle," the girl answers.

"Are you going somewhere, uncle?" Jiyoon asks, looking at his expensive black tuxedo.

"No, I attended a wedding, baby." Yoongi ruffles his hair.

"Wow... Yoonji alsho wanna see a wedding."

"Really baby?"

"Uh-huh..." she nods her head, making Yoongi laugh at her cuteness.

"Are you guys not going home today? The bus is going to leave now," Yoongi says looking behind at the bus.

"No uncle, today mamma shaid, he will come to pick us, and take ush to a beautiful park," Jiyoon responds.

He just look at their smiles every time they speak, something inside him tells him to stop everything and listen to the kids. If he has chance, he will listen to them every day and night.

His smile slowly starts to fade as a scent hits his nostril, and it gets stronger by seconds. His heart hammers against his chest almost exploding, giving him a hard time to breath. He's been withdrawn by this sweet, astonishing, heavenly scent for five and a half years.

Vanilla mixed with coffee and mint chocolate... no... it can't be... no!

He doesn't feel his legs as tries to stand up, he feels like this moment is too good to be true. Panting a little, he gets up and turns around.

His mouth goes dry as he watches the divine beauty. He looks more beautiful than before. His hair is blond — no more pink. His lips are still plump and luscious. His chocolate colored eyes bright under the blue sky.

Yoongi suddenly feels the urge to take him in his arms and not letting him go ever again.

"MAMMA!" The children shouts as they run to their mother. Yoongi's mind paralyzes as he gets another shock.

"Jimin."

"Yoongi."

——

Hope you enjoyed the chapter💜

⚫ What do you think of this meeting?

⚫ Have you ever ringed someone's door bell and ran away?

XOXO