CHAPTER XLII: Epiphany pt.2

The room is not quite; sniffles and sobs can be heard. Min Seohyun has his back facing the others as he looks outside the window, but not really caring about the view of outside. It still stings in his heart as much as it did before whenever the painful episode of his mate airs in his brain; the fear in Hwanjoon's eyes had flowed with tears, the agonizing call for help for himself and the life inside, the excruciating feeling from the beat. And Seohyun hadn't been able to do anything. Such a shame!

"Who... who did that?" Yoongi's voice seems so loud from his sore throat. He holds his mother tightly while Jimin rubs her back, soothingly.

"My father." After a minute of silence, Seohyun answers in the most breaking voice he has. When he first learned about it, he found it difficult to believe because after all, Byungho was his father, and no father would want his children's unhappiness, doesn't matter what he need to sacrifice. But after knowing his father closely, he has been feeling disgusted of calling Byungho his father.

Taehyung sobs in Jungkook's chest, he still remembers the abuse he got from his family, specifically from his father. Jungkook kisses the top of his head feeling his mate's sadness.

Yoongi has come to this house to give his father a lesson, to let his father hear every of words inside his mind. Now, he's wordless. He has thought that his father has never known him well, but now he realizes he also never learned anything about his father until today. He only thought about his pain; he never knew his father has been dying inside for decades. He can't imagine a life without Jimin.

Jihye stares at her husband, a little hint of jealousy sparks in her heart, but it's naive as she rethinks — she had also had a mate with whom she wanted to build her own world. But as she rethinks, she feels very useless as a wife for not being able to reduce his pain after all these years.

"Didn't you do anything? Any F.I.R. against your father?" Jimin asks in a weak voice.

"My father was a very powerful man, he still is a powerful man. He knew how to handle the situation, and I was just a broken, powerless and impotent boy. I wasn't someone who I am today."

Jimin is thunderstruck as well as other people in the room, how can a man endure so much and still act as if nothing happened? Jimin compares his pain to Seohyun and feels ashamed that he's ever thought that his pain is unbearable. The man he never liked, Min Seohyun, has gained so much respect in his eyes today.

"I didn't want to take you away from Yoongi, Jimin," Mr. Min turns to Jimin, looking right into his eyes. "But I never wanted"— Seohyun looks in Yoongi's sympathetic eyes —"you to feel the same thing I once felt."

"Dad—"

Yoongi's words of regret get cut by his father.

"You should've known whom to trust. Choi Anna wasn't one of them: You shouldn't have revealed Jimin to her."

"B-but how did you know that I was his mate?"

"I got suspicious when you I saw you for the first time on Yoongi's birthday party; Yoongi was admiring you from afar, I noticed every movement."

Seohyun takes a long breath closing his eyes, he has a lot to explain. He reopens his eyes to meet their curious, pained, regretful gazes.

"I never hated you, Jimin. I don't. I was happy for my son that he got a mate that made him happy... he deserves happiness. But his grandfather was still powerful enough to do everything to take Yoongi's happiness. I didn't want it. I already had my men looking after you, and when I had found out that you were pregnant, the memories of my past life invaded my mind. So I had to sent you away in a painful way so you wouldn't return. You deserve to live, Yoongi's children deserve to live."